RPI is at 73... | The Boneyard

RPI is at 73...

Reaction Score
A 2 win week puts us well on the bubble for consideration. There are also plenty of opportunities and paths to get us in.

13-5 with wins over Wich, Cincy 1x, Temple (1x) most likely means we're last 4 in.

If we beat Villanova, Wich, and Cincy (1x) we are a lock.

Lets bring back 1 Uconn legend before every game to light a fire under these kids..It obviously works!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Why don't we just watch the season and let it unfold. My opinion only. Still way to early to even discuss it. Conference play just started. We need to start a serious run. Let's get by Memphis first. Although I appreciate the research you did. However I let the team decide where they are going.

Reaction Score
Why don't we just watch the season and let it unfold. My opinion only. Still way to early to even discuss it. Conference play just started. We need to start a serious run. Let's get by Memphis first. Although I appreciate the research you did. However I let the team decide where they are going.

Because we've been out for a year and it needs to be discussed. And more so by the guys in the locker room. One game at a time. We need to start stringing a substantial win streak together.

Reaction Score
A 2 win week puts us well on the bubble for consideration. There are also plenty of opportunities and paths to get us in.

13-5 with wins over Wich, Cincy 1x, Temple (1x) most likely means we're last 4 in.

Lets bring back 1 Uconn legend before every game to light a fire under these kids..It obviously works!
I think your post is factually correct. But so would saying, all Uconn has to do is win out, and they'd be NC's for the 5th time.

Uconn's best win so far is UCF. Against the top 25 RPI, Uconns margin of loss is close to 20. 6 of the 10 wins have some against RPI's of 200 or better. 2 from teams are in the 100's and only 2 wins from top 100.

I like the current streak, as you have to win these type of games to have a chance. This could be Ollie's opportunity to get the team humming and prove people like me wrong. I am rooting for the team and Ollie to get Uconn back in the national discussion. Obviously we know a win against one of the upcoming opponents would do that. I think the team needs at least 4 wins to get on the bubble discussion. Would still need a strong finish though.

Interesting question. would people rather go 1-5 with a win against Nova, or 5-1 with only loss vs Nova?

Reaction Score
I think your post is factually correct. But so would saying, all Uconn has to do is win out, and they'd be NC's for the 5th time.

Uconn's best win so far is UCF. Against the top 25 RPI, Uconns margin of loss is close to 20. 6 of the 10 wins have some against RPI's of 200 or better. 2 from teams are in the 100's and only 2 wins from top 100.

I like the current streak, as you have to win these type of games to have a chance. This could be Ollie's opportunity to get the team humming and prove people like me wrong. I am rooting for the team and Ollie to get Uconn back in the national discussion. Obviously we know a win against one of the upcoming opponents would do that. I think the team needs at least 4 wins to get on the bubble discussion. Would still need a strong finish though.

Interesting question. would people rather go 1-5 with a win against Nova, or 5-1 with only loss vs Nova?

5-1 would do more for us. As long as the loss is by less than 12. We need wins.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't think this team is making the tournament. I don't see enough on offense for us to compete with the best teams in the league. Maybe we steal a win from Cincinnati at home, but I really don't think we're beating them at weird fraction arena and I feel pretty confident in saying we won't win at Wichita. I see this year as more of a development season. Get the young kids the experience that will make some of them great next year.

I would love to be proven wrong here, and see us go on a tear and make the tournament, but we were just talking about this team going sub-.500 a week ago. Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes too high?

Reaction Score

That’s quite an easy question. If we beat nova and proceed to go 1-5 in that stretch the nova win doesn’t even matter. If we go 5-1 that means we’d be 15-8 with a win over cincy. The choice is an easy one

Reaction Score
This is not a NCAA tourney team even with these last 2 wins, they haven't beaten anyone and quite honestly thus far have not proven they could be competitive with the better teams that have played, minus 35 minutes vs WSU and 25-30 vs MSU. The Tulsa game is haunting in they could be 4-1 in the league, but again the Bearcats await them as well as some other pretty good teams. They would have to make a run which is not in view at this time despite some improvement. Fun to dream but I'm not even sold on the NIT which is not all that appealing anyway, but at one time was a catapult for the program.

I will just enjoy watching the kids grow, hope that Jalen and Terry realize they need more time and stay for another year. See if they can pull off a thriller or 2 vs Top 25 competition down the stretch and who knows, makes a run in the AAC tourney. One game at a time - thought the Tulane game was huge in respect to the direction this year can go but now Memphis is. It's away but very winnable, if there is hope for this young team we will see it at the Tigers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m happy to see this growth in the big men especially but how do you beat the better teams without reliable 3 point shooting?

Reaction Score
The

latter. And an opposite seed in aac play so whom ever it may be can knock of WSU in the semis and we can clean them up as paper champions. Usually I would never ask for this but every now and then why not.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I hate to be the cold realist, but the only thing under their control is how they play in the next game. So go take care of business in Memphis. I hope they can get wins against their stronger opponents, like Cincy, WSU and ‘Nova, but I know that it won’t help to lose this next game. And the RPI will continue to rise if they win.

However, reality check, we are still 127 Kenpom, just ahead of Toledo, and 151 BPI, just ahead of Tulane.

Reaction Score
I hate to be the cold realist, but the only thing under their control is how they play in the next game. So go take care of business in Memphis. I hope they can get wins against their stronger opponents, like Cincy, WSU and ‘Nova, but I know that it won’t help to lose this next game. And the RPI will continue to rise if they win.

However, reality check, we are still 127 Kenpom, just ahead of Toledo, and 151 BPI, just ahead of Tulane.
Too bad Ollie never stopped to think about and tell the team that just because a win is out of reach (i.e. Arkansas and Auburn), doesn’t mean you take your foot off the gas and coast to the end of the game. That’s how you end up looking like ____ in Kenpom and BPI.

The game is changing. You can’t stop playing hard when you lose, and you can’t feel bad about blowing teams out.

Reaction Score
This means nothing because it’s going to plummet again after this upcoming 6-game stretch

Reaction Score
The most likely path for UConn is winning the AAC tourney...........the key to that would being top 5 in AAC standings so that would only require 3 wins.

There are other paths like maybe just reaching AAC finals if we have other good wins...........who knows at this point though. Right now we need to beat Memphis, avoid "bad" losses & win a couple we aren't supposed to.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We're in the tournament until we're not. That's the philosophy that I operate under every year, regardless of who is coach or who is playing. This team can still do it with an at-large bid, albeit with a great deal of difficulty due to the current record. They can also do it through the AAC tourney, again with difficulty. But both paths are still there to be had.

Let's go get em, dogs!

Reaction Score

Stop it.

Reaction Score
Talking about the NCAA tournament at this point is ridiculous. And if the coaching staff is talking about it in the locker room they need their heads examined. Only thing that matters is the next game.

Reaction Score
Maybe we steal a win from Cincinnati at home, but I really don't think we're beating them at weird fraction arena

They don't play at weird fraction arena this year, they play at oddly-initialed bank arena lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom