Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Roumoglou Enters the Portal (Merged)

Reaction Score
Wish him well. Not a bad couple of years leaving with two rings and seemed to be enjoying his journey while it lasted despite little playing time.

My lasting memory of him will be when he hit the three vs…San Diego State(?) in the tourney and Hurley with a smile pointed at him and said “You…get the fv3k out” when subbing in Andre Johnson.
Was that the same game where we stopped trying to score and he slowly crept under the basket entirely unguarded ? Hurley was cracking up at that one.

Reaction Score
All the best Glou. You will immortalized forever on the yard in the words we wrote about you:

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t be surprised if Hurley recommended to him that he enter the portal since he’s a good player but not likely to get many minutes ever at UConn
From the article in the Courant yesterday:

Hurley said it’s possible some players will transfer out of the program.

“There’s always that potential, there are players where our role for them won’t line up with what they see for themselves,” Hurley said. “We’ve got such a great organization, the last thing we want to do is mislead our players about what they can expect. We have the culture we have because of our honesty.”

Reaction Score
I think intriguing is the right word. This kid is very intriguing. I hate to see him go as well.
But then I think that Hurley has seen enough to know whether or not he deserves a lot of minutes.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
May end up being the best player that ever played for us and did not earn any playing time. Or perhaps the best shooter that did not earn playing time that ever played for us. Hard to say that someone 6’8” is a tweener. But he was not athletic enough to play guard or wing and not strong enough to play in the front court at a four. l hope he goes somewhere he will be allowed to shoot at his discretion. With his size he could be formidable at the three for a mid major. Hope he thrives wherever he ends up.

I will always remember him as a player I wanted to see more of but understood it more than likely was not going to happen. Kind of like an actor who gets a small role in a movie and as you watch the show you hope they have more scenes later in the movie.

This is the hardest time of year for me from a UConn fan standpoint. Not like the apprehension and butterflies right before a big game but a dull pain that you know is going to last until the roster is finalized and the can’t wait to see this group play together feeling starts. We go from the euphoria of going back to back to the reality that the players we loved watching and rooting for not playing another game. I understand every decision from Clingan to Castle and AK. Also understand this one. The ones like Tristen and Cam you are ready for but it still kind of hard to accept they won’t be making plays for your beloved Huskies.

Reaction Score
From the article in the Courant yesterday:

Hurley said it’s possible some players will transfer out of the program.

“There’s always that potential, there are players where our role for them won’t line up with what they see for themselves,” Hurley said. “We’ve got such a great organization, the last thing we want to do is mislead our players about what they can expect. We have the culture we have because of our honesty.”
That is a fair quote, but I feel Dan sometimes doesn't give these guys enough burn before garbage time to get a feel what they could do in a game that is still competitive. You can't argue on the results - I just think in most instances mixing a guy in a little earlier or in the first half of a blowout would have been good for all involved and the results would still be the same. I would have loved to see him run 4-5 minutes with some of our starters to see how he would have played with them. From the little I saw from him (even the one game he did get decent minutes in the middle of a game when DH was pissed at someone) I think he could have been a valuable role player for us who could have worked himself into a more prominent role.

Reaction Score
A 3 or 4 year project just isnt a thing anymore is it. Which may be for the best. Sometimes a 3 or 4 year project works out. Guys like Hilton really developed late. But i also think of guys like Antric Klaiber who never really played. The Antric Klaiber types would of probably done better at a less competitive school.

I think they are. Johnson profiles that way. But players want to play. If you aren't going to be a 10+ minute guy while you develop, it's hard to blame a kid for going somewhere else.

AR is going to light some mid- or low-major on fire and he deserves that PT. But that isn't going to happen on our team.

Reaction Score
Not that I ever want to be losing, but I dreamed of a scenario where we were down double digits last and Hurley puts his best shooters in and The Greek Freak leads us back. Sad to see him go, but that likely means we're adding another player.

Reaction Score
I wish there was a path for minutes for him here. Wouldn’t be surprised to hear he’s MAAC POY in a couple years
I wish Apostolos the best. What slightly bums me out about this news is that I was eager to see how he could play at UConn with more playing time because he definitely looks like he has a good skill set, but not the strength and athleticism. Which means watching him play more and it being at UConn was an oxymoron. He is only going to play more somewhere else, most likely a mid major.

I will be cheering for the kid in his future endeavors. Him leaving bums me out a little, but it wasn't unexpected by any means. Hurley is having tough conversations right now with the players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom