Rough day for the good old AAC! | The Boneyard

Rough day for the good old AAC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wow, 9-3 Cincy getting wooped in NC. Sad. But not.

Reaction Score
Cincy just doesn't look good. QB is rough around the edges and throwing meatballs, the kicker dug a hole when he kicked a short punt which resulted in a TD and the safety was demoralizing. Cincy doesn't have it and misses its first string QB.

Reaction Score
Not surprising. Some of these bowls are just duds. NC has turned things around and gotten better athletes. Nice home game for them and Cincy flat as a pancake. Poor performance. UCF a bigger game against a tough opponent. If they come out flat could get very ugly.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I will take solace in the fact that it's 35 degrees there today. At least we played in weather around 50-60 at that stadium, even if it rained pretty much every day.

Reaction Score
Wow, 9-3 Cincy getting wooped in NC. Sad. But not.
In the recruiting world, they say, "You think Louisville has thugs? Cincinnati is worse. Look at the Floridians on their roster".

Reaction Score
Everyone knows my feeling about this league, but as long as we are in it, it is just plain silly to be rooting against it.

Agreed. However, some enjoy cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Reaction Score
Everyone knows my feeling about this league, but as long as we are in it, it is just plain silly to be rooting against it.

Not really. It will make us stand out that much better. Come on stupid!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

this league is a white hot blazing dumpster fire but you're right. however, i don't think anonymous posters on a message board possess any influence on the outcome of any of the games on the field by rooting for them.

Reaction Score
this league is a white hot blazing dumpster fire but you're right. however, i don't think anonymous posters on a message board possess any influence on the outcome of any of the games on the field by rooting for them.

Yeah, and pulling for the Big East sure did wonders didn't it?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If the Big East never garnered any respect while we were winning BCS games, then the AAC will never get any no matter what we do.

Unfortunately, the perception will be the league sucks no matter what, and the more teams like Cinci, UCF win it stands to make them more attractive in expansion. So, I'll be rooting against the AAC members ( except against the ACC).

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I used to buy into the whole if the league wins it's better for your team crap... but that's basketball thinking. The RPI means nothing. Even in the BCS that have a smidge of influence from computer polls the human voters reign supreme. Boise State didn't get it's reputation because Hawaii or Nevada occasionally fielded a decent teams. They beat the snot out of a lot of crappy teams and won a couple of big ones here and there. The only teams that ever got any respect in the Big East were teams that won. Miami, Virginia Tech, West Virginia. This is true of any league.... no one at Georgia gives a what Vandy or Ole Miss does. No one at Ohio State or Michigan cares if Minnesota or Northwestern occasionally wins a bowl game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I used to buy into the whole if the league wins it's better for your team crap... but that's basketball thinking. The RPI means nothing. Even in the BCS that have a smidge of influence from computer polls the human voters reign supreme. Boise State didn't get it's reputation because Hawaii or Nevada occasionally fielded a decent teams. They beat the snot out of a lot of crappy teams and won a couple of big ones here and there. The only teams that ever got any respect in the Big East were teams that won. Miami, Virginia Tech, West Virginia. This is true of any league.... no one at Georgia gives a what Vandy or Ole Miss does. No one at Ohio State or Michigan cares that if Minnesota or Northwestern occasionally wins a bowl game.

Exactly. I get that some people want to experience success vicariously through conference "brethren". When WVU beat Georgia years ago, I was nearly as thrilled as if UConn had won. I just don't identify with these teams yet. Maybe a few years from now if a true sense of "conference" emerges then maybe I might identify with it, but right now this is a confederation. And the idea that some other team's success can trickle down to us later on is just not reality. We should learn something from our Big East experience.

Reaction Score
Over the last 10-15 years FSU has had some teams that have been grossly over-rated. Not this one. They are very good and Winston is as good as they come in the college game. Auburn should have bought him.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yeah, and pulling for the Big East sure did wonders didn't it?

It did for BCU, Miami, Va Tech, SU, RU, WVU & Pitt.

UCONN? Not so much.

Reaction Score
It did for BCU, Miami, Va Tech, SU, RU, WVU & Pitt.

UCONN? Not so much.

The Big East was simply a carcass being picked clean. It's success or failure was pretty irrelevant. Only Louisville and WVU experienced true success and they got tending to their own business.

BCU, Miami and VT were part of the original raid. They never had to deal with the fallout of being in the Big Least like the rest did.

Reaction Score
I used to buy into the whole if the league wins it's better for your team crap... but that's basketball thinking. The RPI means nothing. Even in the BCS that have a smidge of influence from computer polls the human voters reign supreme. Boise State didn't get it's reputation because Hawaii or Nevada occasionally fielded a decent teams. They beat the snot out of a lot of crappy teams and won a couple of big ones here and there. The only teams that ever got any respect in the Big East were teams that won. Miami, Virginia Tech, West Virginia. This is true of any league.... no one at Georgia gives a what Vandy or Ole Miss does. No one at Ohio State or Michigan cares if Minnesota or Northwestern occasionally wins a bowl game.

The only teams that ever got respect in the Big East were the teams that won. What a concept. Boise beat all the teams on their schedule and then beat the name bowl teams.

If all the teams in Boise's conference lost all of their OOC games do you think it would have affected Boise's ranking and their ability to get to the bowl games they did? Of course it would have.

All this bullshart of it doesn't matter what the conference does is just that...bullshart.

You can bet your ass Ohio St and others care what their conference mates do. It's all about SOS. Every conference needs their mates to do well to strengthen their SOS to get into better bowl games.

It's beyond belief what people post on here. All P5 teams want their conference mates to win, when they are not playing their team. I guess we have fans who are just G5 material. Duh.....

Reaction Score
The Big East was simply a carcass being picked clean. It's success or failure was pretty irrelevant. Only Louisville and WVU experienced true success and they got tending to their own business.

BCU, Miami and VT were part of the original raid. They never had to deal with the fallout of being in the Big Least like the rest did.

Yes the conference success or failure had no impact on Miami or VT moving on. If the conference was getting beat on a regular basis by the Sun Belt and FCS schools it would have surely helped Miami and VT look powerful. :rolleyes:

Zoo...you are just trying to be argumentative. It's an absolute fact that when a conference is strong it makes it's teams look strong. It's not even debatable.

Reaction Score
By the way. Houston beating a solid Vandy team, after UCF beating Baylor, has no impact on what the perception of the AAC is around the country...so carry on. :confused:

My point is if the AAC teams beat the Big 12 and SEC teams in bowl games, on a regular basis, it will mean something when UConn beats it's conference mates and then beats the same teams in bowl games. That would be a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom