Rothstein update on Jackson and Bouknight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rothstein update on Jackson and Bouknight

Reaction Score
i say throw AJ into the fire right away. that’s what coach squid has been doing for years

Reaction Score
This is amazing. Jon Rothstein scooped it- our own beat guys can't. Unreal. It really may be true- the Boneyard is the beats sources!
Our "beat writers" are underwhelming to say the least. Unless, I'm misremembering, UConn plucked the best one from the Journal Enquirer. Phil Chardis perhaps.

If I am Misremembering, please disregard all this gibberish.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think there’s any chance that Hurley is messing with Willard to stick it to him for the ugly remarks that he made about UConn coming to the big East? How amazing would that be to see Bouk trot out there tomorrow. Those IG posts about practicing in a blue jersey, then the post from Bouk showing his sneakers on gampels floor. Just all seems to point to him playing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think there’s any chance that Hurley is messing with Willard to stick it to him for the ugly remarks that he made about UConn coming to the big East? How amazing would that be to see Bouk trot out there tomorrow. Those IG posts about practicing in a blue jersey, then the post from Bouk showing his sneakers on gampels floor. Just all seems to point to him playing tomorrow.
From what I remember we determined that Willard was kidding around after all and he pretty much said that in an article in one of the New Jersey papers. But Hurley isn't convinced he was kidding.

Seton Hall and UConn played 63 times in the old conference, UConn winning 45. But this renewal could get spicy, like a twice-a-year slug of hot sauce. Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard has at times sounded less than enthusiastic about the addition of UConn, and Hurley has used his New Jersey ties to nab several recruits, including Sanogo, from the Pirates’ turf.

“I’m a competitor,” Hurley said, “I want the best people in my league. I would be thrilled to have a program, a big name, big brand, big potential to come into my league and raise the level of competition, because I think that’s what most great competitors would want. ... I’ve got a lot of respect for the success Kevin has had, but we would look at that differently.”

Alternate free access: Andre Jackson set to return as UConn men restart season, and a spicy Big East rivalry with Seton Hall

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Maybe.

Hurley continues to be unclear with CT reporters though. On purpose?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bouk will play when he plays. I just want a regular pattern of games. It’s the only way this team is going to gel. Time is getting short. ALL these kids need game time

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Bouk will play when he plays. I just want a regular pattern of games. It’s the only way this team is going to gel. Time is getting short. ALL these kids need game time
multiple likes given if possible

Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like it's been months since our last game?
Yes! These starts and stops are killing me. But I keep telling myself this is better than no season at all. WTH would we post about on here for a year and a half with no season? Oh yeah, pizza, beer, stocks.....

Reaction Score
Don’t be shocked if you see Bouk for a few minutes of action tomorrow.
Are coaches allowed to say publicly and unequivocally that a player is out, and then play that player? Because Hurley said Bouk is out tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Are coaches allowed to say publicly and unequivocally that a player is out, and then play that player? Because Hurley said Bouk is out tomorrow.
I’m pretty sure all that matters is if the game officials receive the activated player roster like however long before tip it’s needed.

That being said I will believe what Hurleyman216 is saying because of his insight in the When will we see Bouk thread.

Reaction Score
Glad to have Jackson back, Bouk remains on deep cover classified timetable.

Just want to see UConn Men BB jerseys on TV 2 -3 times per week well into March and then lights out until November.

? for a covid & drama free season in 2021-2022.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefty92

Top Bottom