Rothstein Tweet after attending practice.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rothstein Tweet after attending practice....

Reaction Score
BACK isn’t getting the 5th bid. And a 12 seed in a 5 bid legacy league. BACK is kicking the heck out of everybody and being talked about as a tournament favorite. But given our years in the wilderness we look to be making our way back to relevance.

ill lowercase it next time.

Reaction Score
I think Seton Hall is being overrated. Losing McKnight, Powell, and Gill is huge.

Absolutely agree. That roster kind of sucks. One solid big (Mamukelashvili) and a bunch of castoffs and question marks up front. Rhoden should be good enough on the wing, but that backcourt is rough. The only real PG on the roster is a freshman who was ranked #245 in the country. Starting Aiken and Molson together looks like a disaster waiting to happen, as both players are low-efficiency gunners with <1 A/To ratios, and in four years at Harvard, Aiken has never been healthy, so if they're relying on him playing a lot of minutes, I don't see that going well. Overall, huge question marks in the backcourt and no elite talent on the roster. This team is going to disappoint people.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lol his avi isn't even close to being a samoyed. Fun fact though, one of the actual Jonathan's was a Samoyed. (Jonathan III, I think.)
Irrelevant factoid. In the ancient days of the 6os, UConn got a new Jonathan to replace one that had recently died. A guy in Towers dorm was responsible for training it and to get it used to noisy environments. He brought it to live band parties in the dorm (do they still have them?) It was kenneled at a farm up 195 near Mansfield Supply. The kennel owner did not secure a gate and the dog got out and was killed by a car while still a pup. The shortest tenure of any Jonathan. It was pretty sad.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Irrelevant factoid. In the ancient days of the 6os, UConn got a new Jonathan to replace one that had recently died. A guy in Towers dorm was responsible for training it and to get it used to noisy environments. He brought it to live band parties in the dorm (do they still have them?) It was kenneled at a farm up 195 near Mansfield Supply. The kennel owner did not secure a gate and the dog got out and was killed by a car while still a pup. The shortest tenure of any Jonathan. It was pretty sad.
I believe that was Jonathan (I)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I believe that was Jonathan (I)
I’m not that old. I’m pretty sure it was a later number but might have been under the influence of Orange dry and vodka. Just googled. According to Wikipedia it was Jonathan VI.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’m not that old. I’m pretty sure it was a later number but might have been under the influence of Orange dry and vodka. Just googled. According to Wikipedia it was Jonathan VI.
1603387268450.png

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"This is basketball, not football. Most seasons you should be able to play without serious injuries. When will we have a turn to try that?"

I think it can and will change with the new strength and conditioning coach and his discussions with coach Hurley about the recruits we look at. He has a track record of turning out brutes. That said, some physiques are not conducive to building muscle so the question becomes how is this prospective recruit's physical characteristics likely to turn into what Uconn wants in a couple of years and how willing will said recruit going to be to adapt to the regimen of the strength and conditioning program. There probably have to be some give and take and interesting discussions on say the "length" vs athleticism/strength potential. I'm very optimistic on this. No coincidence Hurley admires what has been turned out over the years at Cincy. This training and the talent we have and are attracting is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Absolutely agree. That roster kind of sucks. One solid big (Mamukelashvili) and a bunch of castoffs and question marks up front. Rhoden should be good enough on the wing, but that backcourt is rough. The only real PG on the roster is a freshman who was ranked #245 in the country. Starting Aiken and Molson together looks like a disaster waiting to happen, as both players are low-efficiency gunners with <1 A/To ratios, and in four years at Harvard, Aiken has never been healthy, so if they're relying on him playing a lot of minutes, I don't see that going well. Overall, huge question marks in the backcourt and no elite talent on the roster. This team is going to disappoint people.
Tyrese Samuel 6'10 wing for Seton Hall NBA scouts gushing over him. Every game he played in the commentators would say that. Kid has alot of talent and upside. Myles Cale is good too.

Reaction Score
Tyrese Samuel 6'10 wing for Seton Hall NBA scouts gushing over him. Every game he played in the commentators would say that. Kid has alot of talent and upside. Myles Cale is good too.
Lot of upside, prob. Based on What has he shown to date to have you consider him a key player?

37/32/44 FG/3pt/FT split.
Genuine question, not attacking. Didn’t watch much y’all last year admittedly

Reaction Score

What scouts are gushing over him? The kid isn't even a top 5 player on his own team.

Reaction Score
What scouts are gushing over him? The kid isn't even a top 5 player on his own team.
Everytime that I watched a Seton Hall game last yr the kid flashed crazy potential, all the commentators were saying it. All I'm saying is keep an eye out.

Reaction Score
I watched just about every Hall game last year and Samuel was pretty awful. He looks the part but he thinks he's a perimeter player and he's certainly not at this point.

Reaction Score
I watched just about every Hall game last year and Samuel was pretty awful. He looks the part but he thinks he's a perimeter player and he's certainly not at this point.

Reminded me of Akok without the defense. Ie. A bad Akok

Reaction Score
I only saw a couple of Seton Hall games but based on a limited sample I agree. Another AAU player was my impression.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It's not just Jon "Mr. Sunshine" Rothstein lauding Andre Jackson...

Idk Jake told me he saw Cardwell dunking all over andre in Gampel yesterday

Reaction Score

Shot 43% from 2, 32% from 3, and 44% from FT line while being a black hole with relatively high TO%. Decent rebounder, that's about it. At least last year. Could certainly improve.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If everything falls together as many of us think. I think this could be a top 20 team that could go higher come Tournament time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom