Rothstein on UConn: Elite Defensive Team | The Boneyard

Rothstein on UConn: Elite Defensive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn may only be 8-5 this season but every coach that's faced the Huskies has told me the same thing: this is an elite defensive team. Kevin Ollie's squad has only allowed more than 70 points twice in its first 13 games and possesses a game-changing rim protector in sophomore big man Amida Brimah (2.9 blocks). UConn next hosts Cincinnati on Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...te-looking-to-take-next-step-vs-west-virginia

Reaction Score
UConn may only be 8-5 this season but every coach that's faced the Huskies has told me the same thing: this is an elite defensive team. Kevin Ollie's squad has only allowed more than 70 points twice in its first 13 games and possesses a game-changing rim protector in sophomore big man Amida Brimah (2.9 blocks). UConn next hosts Cincinnati on Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...te-looking-to-take-next-step-vs-west-virginia

20th in adjusted defensive efficiency.

Reaction Score
UConn may only be 8-5 this season but every coach that's faced the Huskies has told me the same thing: this is an elite defensive team. Kevin Ollie's squad has only allowed more than 70 points twice in its first 13 games and possesses a game-changing rim protector in sophomore big man Amida Brimah (2.9 blocks).

UConn next hosts Cincinnati on Saturday at the XL Center in Hartford, Conn.

After only 13 games, Uconn has picked up 60% more wins than losses. Talk about what elite defense can do for you. The best is yet to come with the Huskies since the offense is getting better. Hopefully, the defense as good as it has been, would hold up till the end. When Hamilton and Cassell lessen their turnovers and versatile Ham improves his FT %, this team will rock before March comes along. I'd bet double on this team against Kentucky in March if we can get there in there at the FF.

Reaction Score
This should be an interesting battle tomorrow as Cincy hasn't allowed 70 points this year either. Usually means both teams will score a lot of points.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Defensive numbers like UConn has produced while incorporating 3 new starters is impressive. It goes towards listening skills of the players, basketball IQ and coaches being able to get across their defensive philosophies.

The offense will lag defense.

It's rarely a bad sign when a team starts off the season with strong defensive metrics.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Hamilton switched on screens better, we would be even more elite.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
This should be an interesting battle tomorrow as Cincy hasn't allowed 70 points this year either. Usually means both teams will score a lot of points.
Cincinnati has held 68 of their last 72 opponents under 70 points including the last 18. I would be surprised if either team gets to even 60 tomorrow.

caw

Reaction Score

Honestly only one of those two shouldn't even count. Coppin State was because UConn was up a ton and just about getting Brimah forty points. That one game I think they scored like 20+ points in the last five minutes when UConn was up nearly 30 and had 90+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom