Roster - what does this mean for current seniors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster - what does this mean for current seniors

Reaction Score
This is an interesting sidelight to a larger issue. I read somewhere that between 20 and 40 % of incoming freshmen at all schools have opted to not enroll for the first semester. This could raise all kinds of problems in 2021 as the class of 2020 grads AND the class of 21 grads both want to enter college in the fall of 2021. It has impacts on acceptance, on classes. On dorms So sports will be a good practice run.

Reaction Score
The number of scholarships is one issue, paying for them and Title IX match will be expensive.
Just one possibility for even big-monied P5 programs, scholarships may not be extended for some guys not projected to be in the 3-deep or 2-deep list who either graduated or would be in a 5th year. Whether such a possibility is reasonable, fair, etc. is a different topic.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Interesting - schools wont be obligated to provide scholarship money - but kids will get the extra year of opportunity regardless

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I see about 3 kids on each list that based on past performance would be considered a plus contributor next year if extra eligibility would be granted. That's not to say the others couldn't make a big leap this year with or without a regular season. Point is, while it sucks for the players, I don't think this is a big an issue for the program going forward as some might assume.

If the NCAA does the right thing, some will be asked to stay, some of those will actually stay, and the rest will move on with their lives just like every other college grad.

As for recruiting, Randy should fill every spot he can fill based solely on talent and worry about grads later.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Towards my post a few back...

Some G5 and independents may be able to take advantage of some of those "cuts".

I already said I'm okay with schools going above 85 schollies for next two seasons.
Only 85 are eligible to play football, rest keep their scholly to finish degree.
Alternately, player can transfer with no restrictions to another school and be immediately eligible to finish their playing eligibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom