Roster Size? | The Boneyard

Roster Size?

Reaction Score
I saw on ESPN that Stanford has 17 players on its roster, and South Carolina has 16. Hmm.

I thought the limit was 15. Am I wrong? In the post-COVID era, has the limit changed? Is ESPN wrong? Is 15 the scholarship limit?

Thank you.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Seniors on scholarship from last year who are using the extra year of eligibility don`t count against the 15 scholarship limit.

I assume that is how they are doing it, although I have not studied their rosters. I do know that Wilson, a Senior last year at Stanford, opted for the additional year.

Reaction Score
I saw on ESPN that Stanford has 17 players on its roster, and South Carolina has 16. Hmm.

I thought the limit was 15. Am I wrong? In the post-COVID era, has the limit changed? Is ESPN wrong? Is 15 the scholarship limit?

Thank you.
If I understand this article correctly, the 20-21 season did not count against any college athlete and the NCAA is allowing the extra scholarship players. Though that makes it a bit confusing for players that were freshmen last season since they essentially start this year with 4 years of eligibility left and could mean extra roster spots for the next four years???

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
If I understand this article correctly, the 20-21 season did not count against any college athlete and the NCAA is allowing the extra scholarship players. Though that makes it a bit confusing for players that were freshmen last season since they essentially start this year with 4 years of eligibility left and could mean extra roster spots for the next four years???
I don`t think so. Pretty sure the extra scholarship rule only applies for 2021-2022.

So the coaches will have to manage that, good luck.

Theoretically, all of UConn`s current players could come back next year, putting them at 16 with Patterson and Brady. Of course, that won`t happen.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, to your point, Army and Navy have rostered as many as 24.
Well they’re sort of like scholarship athletes with free tuition, room & board, plus you get really sharp uniforms, in exchange for a military service commitment following graduation.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Well they’re sort of like scholarship athletes with free tuition, room & board, plus you get really sharp uniforms, in exchange for a military service commitment following graduation.
Plus they receive a monthly stipend, or at least Navy Midshipmen do.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don`t think so. Pretty sure the extra scholarship rule only applies for 2021-2022.

So the coaches will have to manage that, good luck.

Theoretically, all of UConn`s current players could come back next year, putting them at 16 with Patterson and Brady. Of course, that won`t happen.
@southofnorth is correct, two of the seniors (CW and ONO) could come back next year and it wouldn't count against the scholarships. The NCAA stated last year that anyone that was on the roster gets an extra year. I don't know if E gets one but I believe that she does.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
@southofnorth is correct, two of the seniors (CW and ONO) could come back next year and it wouldn't count against the scholarships. The NCAA stated last year that anyone that was on the roster gets an extra year. I don't know if E gets one but I believe that she does.
Why? Easier to crack a WNBA roster than the UConn Roster ;)

Reaction Score
The NCAA said the players could come back this year and it wouldn’t count against the scholarship limit. They did not say the players coming back in future years to use their extra year of eligibility wouldn’t count against the scholarship limit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom