Roster photos by height | The Boneyard

Roster photos by height

Reaction Score
For the last several days I have repeatedly checked for this update on the official site. For as sure as the robin knows it is spring the team pics and team photo presage other official activities such as media day, first night, secret scrimmage, preseason pressers etc. We are nearly there! Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Wait, Ziebell is taller than Q and Paige? I am not sure about that.
Allie has often been listed a 6'1". But at some point various places showed her as 6'0".
Q was also often listed as 6'1" or even 6'2" in HS. But once she got to Storrs, they put her at 6'0".
In HS, Paige was listed as 6'0". Once at Storrs, she was 5'11", until last season when she got promoted to 6'0".

It looks like Allie has not yet experienced the Storrs-shrinkage effect, which is what Hartley units were designed to account for.

Reaction Score
Even when the official listing comes out. I will have my doubts.

I think Nika is definitely shorter than the UConn official listing. Just putting that out there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What is the current understanding of antic player health for the start of the season? Who do we think will be ready to go on an unrestricted basis?

Reaction Score
What is the current understanding of antic player health for the start of the season? Who do we think will be ready to go on an unrestricted basis?
I don’t know what (if any) official pronouncements have been made. The program tends to keep quiet about this sort of thing. But rumors abound and that’s mainly what the BY trades in.

As far as I can guess, the core players returning from last season’s final four run are all ready to go: Paige KK Ash Ice Qadence

Of the other returners, Jana seems likely to be ready now. Ayanna hasn’t said she won’t be ready now. Caroline says she’s ready to go. Azzi hasn’t showed up in practice videos but seems optimistic about returning earlier rather than later, perhaps in early December, maybe sooner. Aubrey is not likely to return before January.

Of the newcomers, Kaitlyn can be seen in the recent practice videos and I can’t think of any reason she wouldn’t be ready now. The same goes for Allie. It may be a slightly different story for Morgan who had nagging injuries in her last two HS seasons and hasn’t been in the practice videos. Fears abounded this summer that Sarah might get injured in her summer FIBA activities, but these seem to have been unfounded, thank goodness! Still, she is not prominent in videos.

Therefore, I assume we will have the following back on a schedule sort of like this:
  • October-November: Paige Kaitlyn Ash KK Qadence Ice Jana Allie Sarah
  • November-December: Azzi Ayanna Morgan Caroline
  • January-February: Aubrey
I tried not to be overly optimistic with this list. And even in this cautious view, the team that practices all October and is ready to go for the first game in November looks to be a powerhouse as is. I’d suspect the team will get even stronger each month as experienced veterans and one freshman return. The return of Aubrey when the conference schedule is in full swing could be triumphant if all goes well.

I can’t help thinking November and December will be a heady time for Jana Ice Qadence Allie and Sarah since they’re likely to get a lot of minutes and plenty of opportunities to prove themselves. The other four, Paige KK Ash and Kaitlyn are all fully proven talents. They will provide the structure and the example for the others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know what (if any) official pronouncements have been made. The program tends to keep quiet about this sort of thing. But rumors abound and that’s mainly what the BY trades in.

As far as I can guess, the core players returning from last season’s final four run are all ready to go: Paige KK Ash Ice Qadence

Of the other returners, Jana seems likely to be ready now. Ayanna hasn’t said she won’t be ready now. Caroline says she’s ready to go. Azzi hasn’t showed up in practice videos but seems optimistic about returning earlier rather than later, perhaps in early December, maybe sooner. Aubrey is not likely to return before January.

Of the newcomers, Kaitlyn can be seen in the recent practice videos and I can’t think of any reason she wouldn’t be ready now. The same goes for Allie. It may be a slightly different story for Morgan who had nagging injuries in her last two HS seasons and hasn’t been in the practice videos. Fears abounded this summer that Sarah might get injured in her summer FIBA activities, but these seem to have been unfounded, thank goodness! Still, she is not prominent in videos.

Therefore, I assume we will have the following back on a schedule sort of like this:
  • October-November: Paige Kaitlyn Ash KK Qadence Ice Jana Allie Sarah
  • November-December: Azzi Ayanna Morgan Caroline
  • January-February: Aubrey
I tried not to be overly optimistic with this list. And even in this cautious view, the team that practices all October and is ready to go for the first game in November looks to be a powerhouse as is. I’d suspect the team will get even stronger each month as experienced veterans and one freshman return. The return of Aubrey when the conference schedule is in full swing could be triumphant if all goes well.

I can’t help thinking November and December will be a heady time for Jana Ice Qadence Allie and Sarah since they’re likely to get a lot of minutes and plenty of opportunities to prove themselves. The other four, Paige KK Ash and Kaitlyn are all fully proven talents. They will provide the structure and the example for the others

This year could be pretty unusual with a team that might get healthier as the season progresses instead of the other way around, because of so many players recovering from last year's issues. While that could be good for season's end, the downside is our front-loaded schedule puts many challenging games early on before we are likely at full strength, and when we will likely have to depend heavily on two freshmen to man the 4/5 positions from the very start.

I was encouraged by one clip where Ayanna looked like she was going full out and another comment she made that suggested she was healthy, so I am including her in the ready at the start group. I'm also hoping Caroline is ready at the start and they are just being cautious with her, but of course even if she is apparently ready to go, the first significant contact with her head will be a nervous moment for everyone.

Reaction Score
I was encouraged by one clip where Ayanna looked like she was going full out and another comment she made that suggested she was healthy, so I am including her in the ready at the start group. I'm also hoping Caroline is ready at the start
From your lips to God’s ear, as the Jesuits like to say. The deeper the frontcourt the better and Ayanna could be a key element.

And Caroline is the most enigmatic most promising player who’s been denied to us. Without the injuries, she’d have been averaging 25-30 mins/games for the last three years. After that astonishing run in her freshman year, all we’ve gotten is glimpses of her greatness.

I can hardly wait to see the Paige & Azzi show, and it’s easy to forget Caroline in that mix. But maybe we should be thinking of the Paige & Azzi & Caroline show.

Reaction Score
From your lips to God’s ear, as the Jesuits like to say. The deeper the frontcourt the better and Ayanna could be a key element.

And Caroline is the most enigmatic most promising player who’s been denied to us. Without the injuries, she’d have been averaging 25-30 mins/games for the last three years. After that astonishing run in her freshman year, all we’ve gotten is glimpses of her greatness.

I can hardly wait to see the Paige & Azzi show, and it’s easy to forget Caroline in that mix. But maybe we should be thinking of the Paige & Azzi & Caroline show.
The P-A-C [ Paige - Azzi - Caroline ] will keep the opposition from packing the lane to the joy of ICE, Jana, SS, AP, etc. and the slashers: PB, KK, Ash, Chen, etc. [which can include all the "Bigs"]

11/7/24 can't get here soon enough....

Go Huskies!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom