Roster makeup problems. | The Boneyard

Roster makeup problems.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So after 10 games evaluating the team, the biggest problem I’ve noticed is something we just can not fix this season. The roster Ollie left Hurley is talented but their skillsets don’t work well together. For example, our guards are best in transition but our bigs don’t run the floor well enough and aren’t athletic enough for this fast pace high # of possession style. Carlton, for example, looked great in the FSU game the first few possessions then started slumping over with his hands on his hips and committing dumb fouls unable to keep up with the pace; the equivalent of a boxer hugging his opponent needing a rest. Likewise, our guards can not get high % looks or make entry passes to our bigs in the half court. The team has enough talent but they just don’t marry well together. The guards and the bigs are best suited for 2 different styles of play, they’re a couple that never should have gotten married. This is why Hurley plays Yakwe so much he’s the only big who fits our guard’s style of play. Is there any way to fix this dynamic?

Reaction Score
The main issue in terms of roster construction is that Hurley wants to play physical man 2 man defense, which I am highly in favor of. Ideally you have big, athletic guards for the pressure and a shot blocking center to have their back. We have neither.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Any problems appear to be either mental or lack of communication. There is more than enough talent to be an NCAA team.

The have yet to show they can dictate to good teams for 40 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom