Roster for October friendlies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster for October friendlies

Reaction Score
Looks like more folks are getting concerned with how long the USMNT coaching search is taking. A lot of folsk will be very concenred if the end result is a coach from MLS, who did nto want to take the job until the MLS season was over. It would be a clear indication where the power lies within USSF.

Does it matter that the U.S. doesn't have a full-time coach?

On the bright side, it won't be Klinsmann as he appears to want a World Cup Top 4 team handed to him on a plate. Good luck with that.

Klinsmann only wants top job after U.S. exit

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tim Weah doesn't make a pass of that quality if he was playing MLS ball. That was my takeaway.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Tim Weah doesn't make a pass of that quality if he was playing MLS ball. That was my takeaway.

That was an excellent play all around on Wood's goal.

i thought Green looked a lot better in the middle than I've seen him wide. Weah wasn't much of a factor other than the assist. Bradley and Acosta struggled. The entire squad struggled with passing. the back line looked looked like they just met in the parking lot before the game. Robinson had another tough draw on the left, though I think he has potential if he can read the game better. The other backs didn't have great games either. I think Green is the only one who came out looking better.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arias took Robinson to school tonight.
That was bad. How many times did he get beat by the same pass? And he's NOT and MLSer. :eek:

Didn't think Miazga had a very good game either.

Bradley and Acosta, hopefully, were just filling the holes for McKennie and Adams.

Sargent's turn was very nice. Woods getting to that ball was nice. And yea, that's about it. (a couple good saves by Steffen)

That was a pretty stacked Colombian team.

Reaction Score
Looks like more folks are getting concerned with how long the USMNT coaching search is taking. A lot of folsk will be very concenred if the end result is a coach from MLS, who did nto want to take the job until the MLS season was over. It would be a clear indication where the power lies within USSF.

Does it matter that the U.S. doesn't have a full-time coach?

On the bright side, it won't be Klinsmann as he appears to want a World Cup Top 4 team handed to him on a plate. Good luck with that.

Klinsmann only wants top job after U.S. exit

Klinsmann wasn’t the problem. Or at least the biggest one.

Reaction Score
That was bad. How many times did he get beat by the same pass? And he's NOT and MLSer. :eek:

Didn't think Miazga had a very good game either.

Bradley and Acosta, hopefully, were just filling the holes for McKennie and Adams.

Sargent's turn was very nice. Woods getting to that ball was nice. And yea, that's about it. (a couple good saves by Steffen)

That was a pretty stacked Colombian team.

It was basically Columbia's A team (along with at least 50% of the crowd in Tampa) against the USMNT 2020 team with a handful of subs due to injuries. I think Adams in particular was badly missed. USA had issues with Columbia's speed all day and did not do a good job clogging the midfield passing lanes. Columbia was also very physical and I saw a bit of an imbalance in terms of what the referee considered a foul between the two teams. Didn't see who it was but a US players got showed into th ad boards along on slidelines on one of Columbia's goals. Anyway, my thoughts:
  • Steffen - Was OK. That said, I would like to see Horvath or one of the other young keepers get a shot next week in E. Hartford.
  • Yedlin - Qute game, which on the defensive side is a good thing as Columbia went after the other wing.
  • Miazga - made some good plays; but, also wandered a bit too much and got caught out of position several times
  • Brooks - Seem disinterested and did not help Robinson at all who was under siege.
  • Robinson - Has talent, especially going forward; but a defensive liability right now and no team can afford that at LB. Needs to raise his soccer defensive IQ.
  • Bradley - Past time time to step aside. And by the way, losing to T&T should still hurt.
  • Acosta - One minute I want to pull my hair out, the next, I want to hug him.
  • Green - He can play in the middle of the pitch, interesting. That said, he needs to prove himself on the wing as center midfield is where the USMNT looks strongest right now.
  • Weah - has a lot of potential; but, it will take time and there will be good minutes and bad minutes.
  • Wood - Seems to be finding his poacher instinct again for Club and Country and loved the effort on his goal. For 2020, I see him coming off the bench late when a goal is needed.
  • Saief - N/A
  • Picault - N/A
  • Delgado - Ah, no
  • Sweat - N/A
  • Sargent - I want to see this guy start a match to see what he can really do.
  • Novakovich - N/A

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Steffen - Was OK. That said, I would like to see Horvath or one of the other young keepers get a shot next week in E. Hartford.
Steffen, Guzan and Horvath are the only 3 in camp. So if not Steffen, hopefully Horvath.

Reaction Score
I'm salivating at the chance of a Trapp-Bradley CM pairing tomorrow. We're ready for 2022

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
These games are about schooling Robinson. He has probably benefited more than anyone else on the team.
He has certainly been schooled more than anyone else on the team.

Reaction Score
Person to watch out for tonight:

United States — Aaron Long: The New York Red Bulls defender is having a career year and after watching his first three games with the USMNT as an unused sub, Long could become the 17th player this year to earn his first cap

Jokes, man

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's nearly 100% Peru. There are so few American fans here. Maybe a few hundred out of about 20,000.

Fun crowd, boring match.

Reaction Score
Person to watch out for tonight:

United States — Aaron Long: The New York Red Bulls defender is having a career year and after watching his first three games with the USMNT as an unused sub, Long could become the 17th player this year to earn his first cap

Jokes, man

That wacky MLS media. I remember when that idiot UConn Alum called Will Trapp the American Iniesta. That was like 4 seasons ago.

Reaction Score
We had moments. That is all you can really expect in these ever changing line ups that produce no continuity. But you can see the pieces and how they will eventually fit. The midfield will still take a while to figure out, but the forwards and defense already make some sense.

I enjoyed the game. A much better result than expected.

Reaction Score
Peter Vermes was on counterattack today (Sirius) and he slammed the USSF on taking so long to make a hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom