Roster for Bolivia friendly | The Boneyard

Roster for Bolivia friendly

Reaction Score
Roster for Bolivia named yesterday. Very young squad, which is good to see. Average age is under 23 years old. There are others they will swap out for the Ireland and France friendlies, but good to give this group
some run, and rest a few others after long club seasons.

LINK

Goalkeepers: Alex Bono (Toronto FC), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge)

Defenders: Cameron Carter-Vickers (Tottenham, on loan at Ipswich Town), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea, on loan at Vitesse Arnhem), Matthew Olosunde (Manchester United), Erik Palmer-Brown (Manchester City, on loan at KV Kortrijk), Antonee Robinson (Bolton Wanderers), Jorge Villafana (Santos Laguna), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC)

Midfielders: Joe Corona (Club America), Julian Green (Stuttgart, on loan at Greuther Furth), Alejandro Guido (Club Tijuana), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Keaton Parks (Benfica), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), Rubio Rubin (Club Tijuana), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain)

Forwards: Andrija Novakovich (Telstar), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen)

Reaction Score
One name that many probably don’t recognize is Keaton Parks. Plays for the Benfica youth squad but has been called up to the first team for this summer’s friendly matches - and hopefully the Portuguese Liga season in August. High hopes for the kid.

Reaction Score
Yep, Parks will be a stud. Really like this roster.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Like the D. Add Yedlin and I'd be comfortable with that group going into 2019/2020.
Midfield is a bit scary after CP. Hopefully Weah turns into something.
Glad to see Sargent but doubt he makes the top 3 strikers anytime soon. Be great if he did.
Keeper job hasn't been this up for grabs since the early 80's.

Like the clubs these guys are playing (not playing) for. They will need to see the field at the top level soon or else we are all in trouble.

Reaction Score
let's hope Adams injury last night for NYRB is not serious. Would love to see him get a go vs Ireland & France

Reaction Score
This is a good list. Everyone has wanted to see all of these guys.

I guess Jordan Morris is out for the year. He won’t be missed that much.

Funny how most of these guys are in Europe. Apparently MLS keeps trying to sign these young guys to 4 year/60k a year contracts which is a joke. And then MLS makes it really hard for them to be sold.

Some of these guys like EPB reach the end of their contracts and leave on free transfers which is just bad business.

MLS has to fix their mindset on this pretty quick.

Some of these guys belong in Europe, others don’t just quite yet.

Reaction Score
This is not a good Bolivia B or maybe C team, but that said, the young Americans all look pretty sharp so far. Sargent, Weah, McKennie, Rubio, all playing really well, and making a lot of mistakes along the way, but fun to watch.
Parks just brought in in the 60tj minute. Curious to see how he does.

Reaction Score
Antonee Robinson could be a dangerous left back in the years to come. He had a great assist on Weah’s goal, and showed some flashes. Needs to work on positioning/staying with his man a bit, but huge upside for a 20 year old.

Reaction Score
Was Pulisic out partying last night? One to forget from our #10.

Love Sargent and Weah up top!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Learned almost nothing. Lots of sloppy play. Still nice to score 3. Will want to see a lot of these guys get time this year.

Getting decent club time will determine their fates.

Reaction Score
great result for the kids, regardless of the competition. Ireland and France will put this squad to the test.

future is bright(ish)

Reaction Score
Was Pulisic out partying last night? One to forget from our #10.

Love Sargent and Weah up top!

I wouldn’t have even played him for more than 15 minutes. He played 40+ matches this year at the top level and he is 19. He is wasted.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I wouldn’t have even played him for more than 15 minutes. He played 40+ matches this year at the top level and he is 19. He is wasted.
Probably good for him there is no WC this year. He definitely needs some down time.

Reaction Score
Probably good for him there is no WC this year. He definitely needs some down time.

No joke. He looked tired in the friendly with LAFC too. He needs a proper offseason.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I really hope that doesn't happen. He won't get the same minutes.
He'll get as many minutes overall. Not as many in league games I would imagine.

Reaction Score
He'll get as many minutes overall. Not as many in league games I would imagine.

42 matches worth of minutes? I don’t know about that.

Also look at how tired Premier League players look next month. I kind of hope he jumps to Bayern Munich first.

Reaction Score
Klopps style of play and the confidence he instills in his players would be great for him, IMO. Training every day with the likes of Bobby Firmino, Mo Salah, Mane and the lot - EPL, UCL, FA Cup, League Cup.. he will get plenty of minutes in a high octane attacking system that suits him. I am SO biased, but I truly think England will benefit the young man

Reaction Score
42 matches worth of minutes? I don’t know about that.

Also look at how tired Premier League players look next month. I kind of hope he jumps to Bayern Munich first.

Don't disagree, but look at how tired Pulisic looked the other night. The season is simply too long in all the major European leagues.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't disagree, but look at how tired Pulisic looked the other night. The season is simply too long in all the major European leagues.
Maybe some of these players should move to MLS. They prolly won't be as tired. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Don’t disagree with your last sentence. This is one of the few drawbacks to having a Euro based USMNT.

But at least Germany takes a winter break and doesn’t have two cup competitions.

There is a great section in Soccernomics about why England is so bad in the World Cup, basically the theory is that England has too much of grueling schedule, while Spain, Germany, France and Italy are a bit more laid back.

Reaction Score
Maybe some of these players should move to MLS. They prolly won't be as tired. :rolleyes:

So my pet theory is that the USMNT sucks in the fall because the MLS players were pretty rung out.

Travel in MLS is brutal. They still mostly fly commercial and sit in coach. Travel distance in Europe is pretty simple too, even in the Champions League.

Look at the results of the USMNT in the fall going all the way back into the Bradley era. We play great in the spring and early summer but suck in the fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom