Roster churn season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster churn season

Reaction Score
I just listened to the show. Liking Mora more each time I see or hear him. It is a little annoying that Crispino basically asked him about 4 repeat questions from last week. He needs to better in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Coach Mora mentioned on tonight’s Coach’s Show that prior to heading out to 97-9 ESPN in Hartford this afternoon he spent 90+ minutes watching Transfer Portal and JUCO tapes. (It’s worth catching the show On Demand on the Varsity App if you missed the show - he covered a bunch of topics)
Anyone else think 90 minutes isn’t all that much given he has no game prep responsibilities ?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anyone else think 90 minutes isn’t all that much given he has no game prep responsibilities ?
Well, maybe.

Wouldn’t surprise me to hear our last three coaches watched just 90 mins a year though.

Reaction Score
Maybe in isolation but he also didn’t break down how many hours he spent yesterday on exit meetings w/ players nor recruiting calls to coaches/players or community/university relation activities.
Fair enough. I’m all in. Just thought 90 minutes wasn’t that impressive. Some of the relation activities can be priority B IMO gubven the crucial need to improve the talent level

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No scoop on this per se, but in listening to Mora I get the impression that he might not hold onto any of the current coaches. We shall see. My guess is that only Spanos and Horton stay, but we shall see.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. I’m all in. Just thought 90 minutes wasn’t that impressive.
The comment was made in the flow of the conversation in relation to improving the team, recruiting, etc… It wasn’t intended as a flex.

Reaction Score
You and business law must be under the same cloud, taking every comment in its worst possible interpretation.
If he said he wiped his butt after taking a poop this morning you would be wondering if by saying this it means he doesn't always wipe his butt after a poop.

Reaction Score
I just listened to the show. Liking Mora more each time I see or hear him. It is a little annoying that Crispino basically asked him about 4 repeat questions from last week. He needs to better in my opinion.
On Crispino: I am thinking that UConn should replace him with Adam Giardino from Learfield-IMG. Adam filled in for Bob Joyce on Sunday on the Hockey broadcast as Bob was in the Bahamas with the Women's hoop team. He was fantastic on the call.

Reaction Score
For some guys, a well respected university degree, potential networking connections via Andy Baylock and others, and moving on to a first employment opportunity and ideally a successful, rewarding life. Not the worst scenario. Congrats and good luck to all of the graduating players.
Andy Baylock for networking connections? Hopefully UConn offers more than that.

Reaction Score
So HCJM mentions on the show that he spent 90 minutes watching tape, THIS afternoon... not this morning, not yesterday, nor in total since he was hired. Who knows how much he has watched in total?! But here we have fans suggesting his casual comment meant, 90 minutes in total?? ...and that's based on?? Where do these wild assumptions and judgments come from?!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No scoop on this per se, but in listening to Mora I get the impression that he might not hold onto any of the current coaches. We shall see. My guess is that only Spanos and Horton stay, but we shall see.

Wouldn't mind keeping Spanos potentially as a position coach for 2022 if Mora wanted to do so. Keep some of the knowledge and nuggets from the previous regime via a loyal soldier to Mora. Give Spanos a nice paycheck for a year and time to look for jobs on his own for 2023.

Reaction Score
So HCJM mentions on the show that he spent 90 minutes watching tape, THIS afternoon... not this morning, not yesterday, nor in total since he was hired. Who knows how much he has watched in total?! But here we have fans suggesting his casual comment meant, 90 minutes in total?? ...and that's based on?? Where do these wild assumptions and judgments come from?!
Offered Kurt Warner’s son. I know they know each other but wonder if he was recommended by former Arizona staff Mazzone or Marrinelli.

Reaction Score
That’s my bad folks. Didn’t realize he said this afternoon. Mea culpa

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind keeping Spanos potentially as a position coach for 2022 if Mora wanted to do so. Keep some of the knowledge and nuggets from the previous regime via a loyal soldier to Mora. Give Spanos a nice paycheck for a year and time to look for jobs on his own for 2023.
Nope time to move on from this crap show.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Curious why some people like adding "head coach" to a coach's name when referring to them on a message board. As in "HCJM". Isn't it easier to just type Mora?

Last edited:

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Curious why some people like adding "head coach" to a coach's name when referring to them on a message board. As in "HCJM". Isn't it easier to just type Mora?
Actually by my estimation M-O-R-A and H-C-J-M are about the same. Now in the case of "FHCJM" then "Mora" is definitely easier.

Reaction Score
Well at the time, and still actually, Jim Mora is not only the new incoming head coach, but is also the only new coach we have. So in using the HC designation, it was a point of emphasis, since he hasn't even had his introductory presser yet. There'll be plenty of time to refer to him by just his last name later. For now, I think we're pretty fortunate to have a guy of his stature as our new HC! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom