Roster Attrition | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster Attrition

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Well without knowing the details of every departure that is pretty difficult to define exactly.

They have 5 redshirts, plus the guys that are hurt, plus the guys that wouldn't have left... It's an extremely lame excuse - but this is someone who finds Army to be an incredible challenge. Can't wait until he sees Missouri next year....

Please that is not a lot. Look at other programs who have new coaches and see the turnover. Ole Miss turnover was 25+ and see others. It is part of college football. If you can't handle that, then go watch another sport

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Without wading into the argument, saddens me to Ashiru go whatever the reason; he played some good football for us and was making impact plays as recently as the UCF game. I will not wish any ill on him and won't speculate on circumstances I know nothing about (personal circumstances anyway -- I'm more than happy to speculate on football questions I know nothing about;))..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JohnFSilver3:15pm via Twitter Web Client
On UConn 2010 recruiting class of 20. 13 left before eligibility expired.

JohnFSilver3:17pm via Twitter Web Client
2011 class, 6 of 16 gone before eligibility expired.

JohnFSilver3:17pm via Twitter Web Client
2012, 9 of 23 gone. Some never showed up.

JohnFSilver3:21pm via Twitter Web Client
So, from my math, 28 of 59 10-12 guys left before eligibility expired for various reasons PT, injury, discipline, academics etc.

No wonder we suck. Kids can't even stick around long enough to get developed.

Reaction Score
Without wading into the argument, saddens me to Ashiru go whatever the reason; he played some good football for us and was making impact plays as recently as the UCF game. I will not wish any ill on him and won't speculate on circumstances I know nothing about (personal circumstances anyway -- I'm more than happy to speculate on football questions I know nothing about;))..

Whoever wishes ill will on him needs to have their head checked... This program has been going thru transitions since Edsall left... grabbed the wrong coach the first time around and now we start from scratch like we never played an FBS game... tough situation for all the kids on our squad...

Reaction Score
Ashiru saw the writing on the wall. Joseph is a better player and he would be backing him up next season anyway.

Reaction Score
First of all it's not that nuts.

Second of all some of the reason they lost a lot of players is because of Diaco. You don't get to use it as an excuse when you are responsible for it.

Since you seem to have the inside scoop, perhaps you could tell us which ones BD
is responsible for.

It would be nice to know how our recruit attrition compares to other programs.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Reading this thread brought up a name I forgot all about, what happened to Tom Rodrick?

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
Post#19 in Fuller article: "Tom Rodick, who was medically disqualified"

I saw that but....don't get it. Do we know what the medical issue was, I know I'm getting old but I can't remember reading or hearing anythign about it.

Reaction Score
I saw that but....don't get it. Do we know what the medical issue was, I know I'm getting old but I can't remember reading or hearing anythign about it.

I guessing (pure guess) that he didn't pass the pre-camp physical since it was reported that he wasn't on the roster in August.

Reaction Score
I guessing (pure guess) that he didn't pass the pre-camp physical since it was reported that he wasn't on the roster in August.
I'm sure it had to be a severe lower leg issue, the 1st of many.

Reaction Score

This pretty much sums it up for me:

>>Is this an excuse for Hoke and company moving forward, a reason as to why the team struggled last season and another in the pocket if it struggles again in 2014? No. At Michigan, fans don't want to hear it. Neither do donors. No one does. Win, or figure out a way to win. Those are the only options. But this is reality. And it does serve as a harsh reminder of what a program can go through with a change in leadership, and a dose or two of plain bad luck.<<

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Safety Ty-Meer Brown went there, too, after the UConn medical staff wouldn't clear him to play following neck issues. BC cleared him.
I must have missed this fact. I knew he transferred to BC but not that this was why. I don't get how this happens. How does one school not clear you yet another does? A neck issue is a pretty serious freaking thing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I must have missed this fact. I knew he transferred to BC but not that this was why. I don't get how this happens. How does one school not clear you yet another does? A neck issue is a pretty serious freaking thing.

One school is public and one school is private and they employ different lawyers.

Reaction Score
severe lower leg pain sums up regime

reel playas wont tolerate damage to 3rd leg; it might come in handy later in evening when foosbal is not the soul driving force that regime desires

i would think if foosbal jones is playa & likes math 4 times more its a good thang

i reviewed copy of edsall last contract and biggest and only delineated performance clause stated that insuring academic progress and excellence in classroom for student athletes is main job of hd coach

i bet that same clause is in current coach contract

yet the "4 times math" quote?

sounds like a blatant anticontract statement and cause for ..

Reaction Score

The kid has a congenital vertebral condition which puts him at risk for severe and debilitating injury. Uconn was not willing to take that risk.

Reaction Score
Dogged said:
The kid has a congenital vertebral condition which puts him at risk for severe and debilitating injury. Uconn was not willing to take that risk.

Completely understandable.

Perfect Hair

Reaction Score
And Brown has barely played for BC, the INT you heard on the radio was probably the first time his name was called all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom