Rossomando | The Boneyard

Rossomando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's a name I really like for our staff.. In all seriousness, as OC... Probably affordable and sees an opportunity to simply focus on one aspect of the team (our offense to bring consistency).. He's done it before, ran his own program, understands OL (and has gotten experience at the FBS level on his resume now... put Giufre back to OL only where I feel he'll get those guys going with total focus on them ONLY - honestly, him at OC, total joke, but it was a patchwork job - he knows that)...

This move I wouldn't have an issue with considering where we're at right now...

Oh, and by the way, our AD has to figure out how to convince the powers that be (the ones that write the checks) to put incentive clauses in for OC and DC to keep those guys around. As much as we've sucked, we just are not in a position to build anything while losing coaches that we need to build something.... unless we somehow luck out and get a guy (other than Edsall) committed to the program (that's potentially much better than Edsall from lower ranks, with a much lesser coaching resume - it'd be nice to see his kid, Corey, blossom into something like that.. wishful think, but I hope not.)...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Oh, and by the way, our AD has to figure out how to convince the powers that be (the ones that write the checks) to put incentive clauses in for OC and DC to keep those guys around.
Agree.

Reaction Score
Guys... I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but there is zero percent chance any recently relieved P5 HC joins our staff as an assistant.
Only way it happens is if the money is right. The powers that be have to decide if they want a competitive D-1 program or not. If they do they have to start bringing in assistants/recruiters that can get the job done and that means paying them what it will take to come here.

Bargain basement Edsall has next year to show some serious progress. A lot of the players that came in with him three years ago will be juniors and seniors and if they still can't compete then it's time for a change at the top. It will also be interesting to see if Edsall can keep the current team intact with little if no defections. We'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Guys... I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but there is zero percent chance any recently relieved P5 HC joins our staff as an assistant.

Not a HC. Former CCSU headcoach that was OL coach at Rutgers this past season.

Reaction Score
Rosso was a FCS Head coach... OL coach at Rutgers this now past season

Reaction Score
We scrambled.

I think we had solid staff with Moyseenko & Kyle Weiss; but we had zero time to search. Giufre is ok ... but clearly not the best situation to make that choice happen.

Reaction Score
Not only to add, he did great as HC at New Haven.

and he built CCSU into what they are now. He even found and developed a QB who made his way to an NFL roster this season. Very Impressive resume and someone who obviously knows CT well. Very much a name to remember. I actually like his resume better than Addazio's and I like Addazio's

Reaction Score
Paying for chicken sheet and expecting golden nuggets is precisely why we are in the pile we are in. Pay up for results and they pay for themselves. 3 year deals max with big upside for performance and a good budget for staff. Hire up-and-comers willing to take risk and perform. Quick triggers. No more BS five year plans. No more golden handcuff deals. You perform and you make big$$. Cant get to 6 wins by end of year 3 start writing your resume.

Reaction Score
and he built CCSU into what they are now. He even found and developed a QB who made his way to an NFL roster this season. Very Impressive resume and someone who obviously knows CT well. Very much a name to remember. I actually like his resume better than Addazio's and I like Addazio's
Addazio had a ton of bad articles written about him by former players. He looked like a real piece of s.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Rosso would be a nice pick up and has plenty of ties to the area. Not sure it would happen, but it is something that should be looked at very seriously by the AD and Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom