Roscoe on UNLV bench.. | The Boneyard

Roscoe on UNLV bench..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sweet move Roscoe... transfer to a 1 and done school for 2 years when you could have been a captain next year on a contender.

Reaction Score
Ive watched a few UNLV games.. He's usually on the Sideline in warm-ups. Is that what you are referring to?

Reaction Score
I guess, but why sit out a year. If he could have transferred and played this year i get it, but not to sit out.

Reaction Score
Roscoe said he transferred because he knew he'd be playing the 4 here and he wanted to play the 3 because he wanted a shot to play in the NBA. Say what you will about his chances of getting into the NBA at the 3, but it really is the only shot he has. He has said nothing but good things about Uconn and Jim Calhoun since he left. I for one am glad for the time we had him on our team and wish him the best of luck in the future.

Reaction Score
Sweet move Roscoe... transfer to a 1 and done school for 2 years when you could have been a captain next year on a contender.

On behalf of Roscoe and the entire Smith family, I apologize that his decisions relating to his career don't agree with your views on what he should be deciding.

Reaction Score
We will alway have that shot with 10 seconds left on the clock

Reaction Score
We will alway have that shot with 10 seconds left on the clock

I was at that game! Flew down with a few buddies. That will go down as one of the best games I'll ever attend.

Reaction Score
That's the guy I'd like to go play for........wow what a "chicken-with-their-heads-cut-off" team..........he just throws them out there with a ball and says "play"..........not impressive at all!!!!

Reaction Score
Scoe's best chance of getting to the NBA was to continue to develop and get stronger under Coach Calhoun, Coach Ollie and the entire staff. If you can play, the NBA will find a position for you. Transferring to UNLV to better your chances of getting to the next level is like one of us transferring from Harvard with a 2.8 so we could get a 3.4 at UMASS with the hopes and beliefs that a better GPA will help land us a better job.

C

Chief00

No offense to Roscoe, but would he be the one you would want as Captain?

Reaction Score
I loved Roscoe, but you need your captain not to throw full court shots up with more than 7 seconds left twice.

Reaction Score
Leave RS alone/ He was a good person and gave us a few years where he never complained and played hard. The HOF coach he signed up with left and we were on probation - those are reasons enough to go somewhere else if that is what your heart tells you to do. Not saying it is/was the right thing but I wish him only the best moving forward.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
"those shots," you mean. He did it TWICE!
Not only that, he somehow convinced Caroline Doty that it was some kind of UConn tradition and now she's doing it.

Reaction Score
Not what I want or don't want. Roscoe and Bazz would have been the captains if he stayed. Oleander certainly wont be a captain.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
UNLV wanted him on the bench in case they needed a full court or half court shot to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom