Roscoe Number 1... | The Boneyard

Roscoe Number 1...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
I am waiting for when Roscoe hits a full court shot and tells everyone, "Remember that Texas game....I was practicing"

Reaction Score
The three on one break against USF the other night was not too great either....although not quite up to the caliber of the Texas game.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I was surprised George gave Roscoe the minutes that he did. I don't necessarily disagree since he can rebound, play perimeter defense better than some of our other Bigs and shoots foul shots better than AD. While JC will give a player who plays hard/fights the benefit of the doubt, George typically gives a player who makes cerebral plays the benefit of the doubt.

Giffey could have played perimeter defense too and gives the offense better ball movement. Still remember Roscoe's charge rather than dishing off to AD for an easy dunk on a fast break. JC would have pulled him then.
I still think out of the 3 Daniels is the best long term investment - if there is such a thing in college any longer. The kid can really create movement on offense - something we need and given some PT - he can really shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
That was a legendary moment. Had we have lost it wouldn't have been funny.

Reaction Score
The ESPN announcer could barely verbalize the clip he was laughing so hard. Definitely a deserving #1.

Reaction Score
R Smith is still our best defender- with the possible exception of AD who is a beast. You do not win the games in the BE by running over other teams- you win games in the BE by punching them in the face on D. R Smith is a big part of us shutting other teams down- i hope he is going to be fine.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The three on one break against USF the other night was not too great either....although not quite up to the caliber of the Texas game.
The first thought that came to my mind with that charge was the Texas heave. I thought he was afraid of throwing it way over everyone's heads.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
R Smith is still our best defender- with the possible exception of AD who is a beast. You do not win the games in the BE by running over other teams- you win games in the BE by punching them in the face on D. R Smith is a big part of us shutting other teams down- i hope he is going to be fine.
When he is playing offense I close my eyes. When he is playing defense I follow him.

Reaction Score
Best thing about roscoe, besides his name and matching personality, is that he is a gamer. By the way, with all the hate going around on AO I will also point out that he is a gamer and had a significant uptick in statistical output against better competition last year... Anyway, love that we will likely have roscoe for 4 years... Seems like a great teammate and his contributions will only grow... Same goes for olander... These guys could be all Big east Second teamers down the road.

But that shot is legendary... In the wrong way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger