Rosa TD | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rosa TD

Reaction Score
Seriously? People here were pleased the USU coach didn’t push for a last score in that game, but when we do it it’s not just o.k. but a good thing? I’ve never cared one way or the other on scoring after a game is over — if it bugs you to be blown out, get better — but let’s not make our decision to do it heroic while we still don’t want it done on us.
Same situation….we just happened to score and they didn’t…..both teams ran rhe ball between the tackles…no passes…… and we were inside the 15 and USU was on about the 25 so different scenarios….USU likely wasn’t scoring from the 25 if they ran 3 more plays anyways..certainly nothing to get worked up about running your 4th string RB who hasn’t had a carry all year

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yep it's not pop warner football. We weren't up by 30. We were just running the ball. We did what you're supposed to do. Having a 28-3 win on the record just looks better, and we can use all the game reps we can get under the new regime.
Yeah, but betcha if the shoe were on the other foot a bunch of people would be trashing the other coach

Reaction Score
Yep it's not pop warner football. We weren't up by 30. We were just running the ball. We did what you're supposed to do. Having a 28-3 win on the record just looks better, and we can use all the game reps we can get under the new regime.
To me its establishing we can finish drives. I want this team well practiced and confident they can do that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Am I crazy or was he lined up super far back behind turner on his TD?

Reaction Score
We needed a score to cover the -19.5 spread. The people who laid the points must have gone crazy with joy when Rosa scored. Personally I thought we would take a knee there. Glad I don't bet.....anymore.

Reaction Score
It was an impressive run for Rosa. Charlton needs to get him more touches. I get we have other RB's doing nice things but our receivers are depleted and a bit lackluster at the moment, figure out a way to get Rosa more touches.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It is funny though how results change perspective. UConn runs 53 times and throws 23 and all is right with the world. If we lost it would be nothing but complaints about the old fashioned offense.
Well, then they don’t understand this team or this particular game. We have a young QB and missing talented receivers. And in this game, or any game where the O line can overpower the D, run, run run with enough passes to keep them honest. We will have plenty of games where the run won’t be good enough.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Hey, as long as the other team is calling timeouts to stop the clock, we’re going to keep fighting. If they give up and let the clock run, then I’ll take a knee. Not before then. No shame in running the ball with our 4th string RB.

The TO is the key. Those "whatabout"ing this should (and likely would) be yelling at our own coaches, if they chose a TO there. CCSU was either playing it straight to end, just like us, or they signaled they were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom