Rosa TD | The Boneyard

Rosa TD

Reaction Score
I'm glad we were still playing to score at the end of the game even though it was already won.
I was concerned about that. If I may, Joe D. on Fox61 making the statement, before Rosa's nice run, akin to, "Don't want to rub it in their faces..., should just(my translation), take a knee..."). Bologna Joe. This team is in desperate need to change "The Culture" we often hear bandied about. The O Line has a good chance of becoming one of the most dependable units on the field. Let them keep steamrolling as long as they can.
Those last few play calls down there were not "trickeration" or passes, just running between tackles or outside. See how happy those Big O linemen were for Rosa, (And themselves(?). A coach not looking to "Rub it in" or being the "Gentleman", but finding a way to keep moving Forward. Those guys I bet, appreciate the opportunity to score.
Think that the players would be rather spending the weekend with that feeling of scoring and (O Line dominating), or rather the last minute taking of..., 2(?), 3(?), 4 "Knees?"

Reaction Score
I was concerned about that. If I may, Joe D. on Fox61 making the statement, before Rosa's nice run, akin to, "Don't want to rub it in their faces..., should just(my translation), take a knee..."). Bologna Joe. This team is in desperate need to change "The Culture" we often hear bandied about. The O Line has a good chance of becoming one of the most dependable units on the field. Let them keep steamrolling as long as they can.
Those last few play calls down there were not "trickeration" or passes, just running between tackles or outside. See how happy those Big O linemen were for Rosa, (And themselves(?). A coach not looking to "Rub it in" or being the "Gentleman", but finding a way to keep moving Forward. Those guys I bet, appreciate the opportunity to score.
Think that the players would be rather spending the weekend with that feeling of scoring and (O Line dominating), or rather the last minute taking of..., 2(?), 3(?), 4 "Knees?"
Yep it's not pop warner football. We weren't up by 30. We were just running the ball. We did what you're supposed to do. Having a 28-3 win on the record just looks better, and we can use all the game reps we can get under the new regime.

Reaction Score
Hey, as long as the other team is calling timeouts to stop the clock, we’re going to keep fighting. If they give up and let the clock run, then I’ll take a knee. Not before then. No shame in running the ball with our 4th string RB.

Reaction Score
That extra score was great. I remember Geno making a comment to the effect of "you only have so many minutes in your career. You need to play each one." I firmly believe that. Every kid out there should not be robbed of their chance. No trickery, no unnecessary timeouts, just football.

Reaction Score
From the CCSU perspective, I didn't mind it. Sure, at that point the game was decided and nothing wrong with taking a knee and ending the game.

But the fact that UCONN needed to score shows how well Central played today. CCSU forced UConn to play a certain way - we basically took away the passing game. Again, despite the score, I think Central left with a lot of positives and things to work on. Bottom line, they deserved to be on that field today and considering 60 scholarship vs 85 and $3M vs $17M, that game ended in our favor and the bus ride to New Britain was something to savor - and forget.

Reaction Score
From the CCSU perspective, I didn't mind it. Sure, at that point the game was decided and nothing wrong with taking a knee and ending the game.

But the fact that UCONN needed to score shows how well Central played today. CCSU forced UConn to play a certain way - we basically took away the passing game. Again, despite the score, I think Central left with a lot of positives and things to work on. Bottom line, they deserved to be on that field today and considering 60 scholarship vs 85 and $3M vs $17M, that game ended in our favor and the bus ride to New Britain was something to savor - and forget.

They didn’t need to score. They chose to score , it was like practice. Nice plucky effort by Central.

Reaction Score

CCSU Fan, can’t disagree with your post - spot on.

We have been on receiving end of many games like this - where we played better than the final score indicated but lost steam in 2nd half. So no gloating here - just congrats to your team, and best of the luck the rest of the way!

Reaction Score
With his speed he would look good as a slot receiver.
Agreed. I said it when he first signed that he could be very valuable in the slot - especially because of our undersized/non-canon armed quarterbacks that will need to hit quick pops for us to have any chance of a methodical passing game.... does anyone that attended practices know if he was used at all in the slot?

Reaction Score
Mehh, for me it wasn't about rubbing any salt in the wounds, it was about giving backup players some game reps. You don't get preseason games in college to practice against other schools. That was only Rosa's 2nd carry as a Husky and we need people to take some of the load off Nate Carter.

CCSU played tough much of that game - 21-3 or 28-3 shouldn't change the perception of how that game went for people who watched it.

Reaction Score
Seriously? People here were pleased the USU coach didn’t push for a last score in that game, but when we do it it’s not just o.k. but a good thing? I’ve never cared one way or the other on scoring after a game is over — if it bugs you to be blown out, get better — but let’s not make our decision to do it heroic while we still don’t want it done on us.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, you didn't take away our passing game. That is our passing game. In fact, it was an improvement over what we have seen so far. But you did a great job of hanging around and CCSU did a good job creating opportunities with your run game. We just basically wore you out. And then it was over.

Reaction Score
Is there video of this TD? I missed this going to the bathroom after the kids got a pic with Jonathan.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
But the fact that UCONN needed to score shows how well Central played today. CCSU forced UConn to play a certain way - we basically took away the passing game.
If that's true...that's odd. There was no reason to fear UConn's passing game. True freshman who passed poorly last week and a beat up receiving group. Meanwhile the running game looked strong last week.

You would think CCSU would stack the box and force the pass?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom