Rooting for West Virginia tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rooting for West Virginia tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn wins:

Louisville beat West Virginia head to head, LV goes to the BCS.

Cincy wins:

3 team mini-conference (like last year) except all 3 teams records would be 1-1, so it goes to highest BCS ranking, which would be WVU.

Reaction Score
im a bit confused. explain this to me please.
i realize if we win were 6-6 bowl elgible and with usf not we will find a game on the east coast which is good. but beating cincy keeps wvu out? how. i thought wvu and lville are now tied and the higher ranking which will be wvu will go to the bcs game?

I think in a 2-way tiebreaker, it's head-to-head (goes to UofL). If it's 3 teams (or more) and they are all 1-1 against each other, the BCS ranking tiebreaker comes in.

Reaction Score
im a bit confused. explain this to me please.
i realize if we win were 6-6 bowl elgible and with usf not we will find a game on the east coast which is good. but beating cincy keeps wvu out? how. i thought wvu and lville are now tied and the higher ranking which will be wvu will go to the bcs game?

If Cincy beats us there is a three way tie. Because WV beat Cincy and Cincy beat Louisville and Louisville beat WV the BCS can't go to a head to head winner without blowing up the universe, so the highest ranked team goes.

If we beat Cincy there is a two way tie and Louisville wins the head to head against WV.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thanks for the info guys. ok so even when were not in it, its all on us. sweet! so we can really help ourselves out here. beating cincy puts lville in the bcs who as of right now is stuck in the new big east. a wvu to the bcs doesn't help the new big east. got it. beat cincy!

Reaction Score
So we've got much to play for Saturday - beat Cincy to get bowl eligible and help send a non-defecting (at least for now) BE team to the BCS.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and yea what a ugly game by South Harmon, so many flags and stupid things.

Reaction Score
Whoever UL plays, if they go, well... it won't be pretty....

Reaction Score
UL to the BCS scares the **** out of me.
I know. Obviously I want UConn to win Saturday, but the byproduct would be to send Louisville to the BCS where they would likely get crushed. On the flip side, UConn loses = bad for us and I really don't want to see WV get the BCS bid, but at least they have a chance at a decent showing (which still may not help the BE).

Reaction Score
I don't care if UL gets crushed in BCS or not. The Big East's rep in football is damaged no matter what. So, root for Uconn to win and get a bowl, UL gets BCS over WV and let chips fall where they may.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I stopped caring about the whole "perception" nonsense last year... We're never going to be the SEC...

1) Who cares? This conference is dead, anyway
2) I wouldn't trade that Fiesta Bowl berth for anything.

I makes watching this conference that much more fun.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean if it was clear-cut that WVU would have a better shot than UL or UC in the BCS, that would be one thing. But every team in the BE is about as mediocre as every other team, so no UConn fan should have mixed emotions about tomorrow.

Go Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul