Ron Patterson to Syracuse... | The Boneyard

Ron Patterson to Syracuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is def an OT topic.

While they are not scum like pitt- PE- TOOWEY!!!!!! They are really no longer BE. They are going somewhere that they will get their zone picked apart by every white boy Mc D AA guard in the land. I wish them well but no longer care very much at all either.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
We gave the kid a look, not sure how serious we were. Speaking of commits to other schools- all seems quiet on the PSU recruit BA. Ollie needs to nab his first as THE Head Coach.

Reaction Score
We gave the kid a look, not sure how serious we were. Speaking of commits to other schools- all seems quiet on the PSU recruit BA. Ollie needs to nab his first as THE Head Coach.
Brandon Austin visited Texas last weekend. He said the visit was good like he said about his visit here and Providence. He took this weekend off from visits. He looks to be trying to schedule visits to Georgetown and UCLA.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Looks like we are struggling to close anybody. Where's that Hobbsie Magic of the old days? If this kids adding schools to his list, and we have no edge with Vonleh as a bunch of heavy hitters are on him, what's left? Wait til Spring? 3 titles in 12 yrs, alone should grab a few kids. Add Ollie's infectious personality it shouldn't be this tough.

Reaction Score
Don't know how serious we were with Patterson but everytime I read about a recruit going somewhere else I feel again and again how handicapped we are with the negative vibes. No tournament Ncaa or Big East , trying to get over the APR issues , bad press and the contract the damm contract. This seems like the final straw .Recruits and there families seem to genuinely like KO but the uncertainty over his contract I believe is the killer. Manuel and I won't bash him but could have been more creative to cover his and UConn's ass. I'm still and always will be positive about our program but this just hurts to be irrevalant on the national scene. This will take some getting used too, I'm trying still the fall seems like a long way down. I do expect something positive will come whether it is a top recruit coming and bringing some more with him or a surprising good season . Truly wishing for KO to succeed and in a big way .

Reaction Score
Don't know how serious we were with Patterson but everytime I read about a recruit going somewhere else I feel again and again how handicapped we are with the negative vibes. No tournament Ncaa or Big East , trying to get over the APR issues , bad press and the contract the damm contract. This seems like the final straw .Recruits and there families seem to genuinely like KO but the uncertainty over his contract I believe is the killer. Manuel and I won't bash him but could have been more creative to cover his and UConn's ass. I'm still and always will be positive about our program but this just hurts to be irrevalant on the national scene. This will take some getting used too, I'm trying still the fall seems like a long way down. I do expect something positive will come whether it is a top recruit coming and bringing some more with him or a surprising good season . Truly wishing for KO to succeed and in a big way .
I'll bash Manuel, we lost 1 recruit yr to ncaat ban, now we are losing 1 yr to self inflicted stupidity. Every one is signing players and we cant sign anyone, even 3*** players are laughing at us. We dick this kid J Bell around for a year, cause were Uconn, we can do better, then we offer and 1week later he cuts us The cuse must have about a gazzillian players by now. I've been a fan 45yrs, Uconn is toast, fball sucks, bball getting there quickly, Manuel wont fire coach PP needs another yr. KO can't even get 1yr, gets 7months so to almost guaranty his failure, we are probably the least attractive school for expansion, fball &bball. FIRE MANUEL.

Reaction Score
^ Truth- more importantly we were not gong after him all that hard. So now we follow the kids we THINK KO is targeting and blame not getting them on his contract? Remember the year we got DD and Boat? They came out of nowhere- you just do not know what might happen.

Reaction Score
^ Truth- more importantly we were not gong after him all that hard. So now we follow the kids we THINK KO is targeting and blame not getting them on his contract? Remember the year we got DD and Boat? They came out of nowhere- you just do not know what might happen.
Then why did we offer him if we didnt want him ? Either we wanted him or we didnt, we offered him so we wanted him, its pretty simple, and a week later he takes us off his list. It does matter. We wanted Paterson, he chose cuse, and the kid from Penn st. The recruiting articles used to list over 20 kids, the only one we got that was listed was Facey, Bell was ranked higher, it does matter.

Reaction Score
Then why did we offer him if we didnt want him ? Either we wanted him or we didnt, we offered him so we wanted him, its pretty simple, and a week later he takes us off his list. It does matter. We wanted Paterson, he chose cuse, and the kid from Penn st. The recruiting articles used to list over 20 kids, the only one we got that was listed was Facey, Bell was ranked higher, it does matter.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure we did not offer him a scholarship. Just showed some interest

Reaction Score
No matter how u spin this Warde duckked up. Just plain stupid giving a guy a 7 month deal. This is big time BB. I believe KO will eventually succeed despite this but you are throwing away an extra year or maybe 2 . After getting our APR straightend out so that we are back next year this crap happens. While he's at it fire PP. Hate to call for a guy to get fired but it ain't happening on the football front.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looks like we are struggling to close anybody. Where's that Hobbsie Magic of the old days? If this kids adding schools to his list, and we have no edge with Vonleh as a bunch of heavy hitters are on him, what's left? Wait til Spring? 3 titles in 12 yrs, alone should grab a few kids. Add Ollie's infectious personality it shouldn't be this tough.

I wonder if Ollie's proselytizing is having a negative effect. Handing out books by snake oil salesman to players worries me, I must admit.

Reaction Score

He said himself he didn't know if he had an offer, which means he had no offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22