Rolling Rock | The Boneyard

Rolling Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Is this for real? With the early start, I only had a few publix wings until half when I couldn't take it anymore. I opened up a rolling rock.

Not my usual choice of beer, my fiancé asks, "what made you get rolling rock?"

"No reason, I just had a craving," I said embarrassed to admit my boneyard-driven superstation. I finished the six pack in the second half and here we are.

I have read a lot about mojo on here, but for real... Is this for real?

Either way, it's Rocks from the tip on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Of course it's real.
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
But it gives me a headache.
Do I have to?
Don't worry, that's just the mojo taking control of the part of your brain you don't normally use.

Reaction Score
Little known Boneyard fact:

Swami never used to drink Rolling Rock. He would sit in his lucky UConn captain's chair and drink Killian's Red. He didn't like the taste of RR's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have never, ever had a Rolling Rock during any UConn game, so the mojo commands that I not start now. The fact that it is undrinkable swill has nothing to do with it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Someone doesn't like the sacreds, yet drinks Killians? Dig him up and hang 'em again!

Reaction Score
I simply control the games fate with the controller. Playing bad defense, turn the channel and then turn back... defense reset... Same works for offense or what other gripe you may have. Thats why we struggled so much yesterday late in the game, I was watching at work trying to minimize if anyone walked over. I tried to minimize the screen and then maximize but it doesnt work the same. Luckily despite my not having control we edged it out.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I simply control the games fate with the controller. Playing bad defense, turn the channel and then turn back... defense reset... Same works for offense or what other gripe you may have. Thats why we struggled so much yesterday late in the game, I was watching at work trying to minimize if anyone walked over. I tried to minimize the screen and then maximize but it doesnt work the same. Luckily despite my not having control we edged it out.
You didn't use the Boss Button, sponsored by PlayStation Vue?

The NCAA really is in the running for most inept commissioner (Neck and neck with the NFL). The only reason to have the Boss Button is so people can watch at work (And they know this, otherwise why have a Boss Button or call it "Boss" Button?). Yet first they change the Boss Button Camouflage from a spreadsheet (which everyone uses) to a PowerPoint presentation format. Then they plaster the sponsorship across the top of the screen. As if that wasn't enough, the title of the PP Slide is something like "Beating the System." Subtle, Emmert. Subtle.

Reaction Score
You didn't use the Boss Button, sponsored by PlayStation Vue?

The NCAA really is in the running for most inept commissioner (Neck and neck with the NFL). The only reason to have the Boss Button is so people can watch at work (And they know this, otherwise why have a Boss Button or call it "Boss" Button?). Yet first they change the Boss Button Camouflage from a spreadsheet (which everyone uses) to a PowerPoint presentation format. Then they plaster the sponsorship across the top of the screen. As if that wasn't enough, the title of the PP Slide is something like "Beating the System." Subtle, Emmert. Subtle.

LOL yea that boss button would fool NOBODY at my job. My best bet is to minimize my screen as soon as I see someone headed my way. It was just my luck yesterday that with a little more than 30 seconds left in the game someone came to my desk with an IT guy because she wanted to see why i had permissions to do things she didnt. They needed to use my computer. While the IT guy was looking at my set up she goes, was that the Duke game I just saw you watching? I heard they might lose. SMH, said it nice and loud for everyone to hear too. Ofcourse they werent quick either, so by the time i got back the game was over.

Another coworker came over and i didnt feel the need to hide it from him, but he announces oh wow you are streaming? I shot him a killer look and whispered some choice words ( you stupid mothers.....) He quickly realized what he had done and starts laughing and said, DATA streaming. YOU are really DATA streaming...

Reaction Score
I've only ever drank rolling rock 2 times while watching uconn play. 1st time was against Butler in '11 and the last time was '14 against Kentucky. I'm going to have to wait a few more games before I crack open my next one

Reaction Score
In 2014, @BUHusky and I were in New Orleans for my brother's Bachelor Party. We went to this little bar in the French Quarter off of bourbon and started drinking Rocks during the Villanova game. We made it through about 100 rolling rocks that night and the bar was pretty much out of them by the time we left. The mojo is real.

Reaction Score
In 2014, @BUHusky and I were in New Orleans for my brother's Bachelor Party. We went to this little bar in the French Quarter off of bourbon and started drinking Rocks during the Villanova game. We made it through about 100 rolling rocks that night and the bar was pretty much out of them by the time we left. The mojo is real.
I was in Seattle for the 2011 title game, wondering if I was going to go to UW for grad school. My wife and I found a bar out there, and at first I drank Washington craft brews. Asked them for Rolling Rocks in the second half. Bartender laughed, but they had a few skunked ones. Choked one down chasing it with better beers.

The rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3