Roller Coaster season | The Boneyard

Roller Coaster season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This season has been really up and down. Although very different in some ways, the middle and end remind of 2011 more than 2014.

After the first 5 games (including cuse loss), i thought we were really good. I thought cuse was a flukey 3 point loss in an emotional game. I remember telling my dad after the first 4 that we might be a top 10- team. We were scoring a ton through 5, which has been a problem in recent years, even against lesser competition.

Then Gonzaga really took it out of me. Then a bad game against MD.

Then a beat down of OSU, and 5 straight, including TX was a good run. I thougt maybe we'd figured something out.

Then the total crapshows against temple & tulsa. We looked so lost at times. Disinterested, poorly constructed, and full of chemistry issues. Not to mention Jalen (our prized frosh) in the doghouse, and Gibbs pounding the rock like crazy as our only real point guard.

A game we should have won against Cincy (another we should have won), then conference cupcakes, and the 4 losses in the last 7, 3 of which could have been wins, and a huge flop against SMU. Win a couple of those, and we're not sweating March during that Cincy game 4 days ago.

These last 3 days we've looked like a totally different team. The emergence of Jalen as a primary 1, and DHam playing his best iso of the season when we need it have been huge. Miller is solid as a rock down low, and has hit more from outside 15 feet recently than he has all season which should open the floor a bit hopefully. Gibbs as a 2 has made far fewer mistakes because he doesn't have to create his own shot anymore (which is not his thing), and rodney and omar have hit timely shots. Facey has been a ball of energy on the boards, and Brimah, while occasionally infuriating on both ends, has caused major issues for opposing teams near the glass.

We had similar dips in the middle of the season in 2011, and a beat down at the end in 2014. We've been in every game with a chance to win except SMU (maybe 1 more in the middle that i can't remember without AB). We played 1/3 of the season without our Center, and didnt figure out how to integrate Gibbs and Miller until the last few.

It's tough to look at the season as a whole as it's going on, but looking back now, every game except 1 was close...within a couple posessions. Many of which we had under control until a couple boneheaded plays, or a momentum shift, or a bad call got us.

I'm not saying we will win it all (i'm also not NOT saying it ;)), but The team seems so different than it did 4 games ago. The seeding and the draw are rough, but so were all the others. A run through the tourney is never easy. GO HUSKIES !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom