Roll Call: Who's attending UConnMHOC vs Cornell at MSG Saturday Nov 26th? | The Boneyard

Roll Call: Who's attending UConnMHOC vs Cornell at MSG Saturday Nov 26th?

Reaction Score
+2 here. My wife and I will be going. We'll be taking the #IceTrain instead, but are rather looking forward to this. Cornell is playing much better as of late with two blowout wins vs Yale and Brown at home. They should be a good challenge for the Huskies and their beautiful roads blues - definitely not a cakewalk, but it'd be nice to see UConn take this one one a novel stage in a convincing manner to add to a terrific campaign so far this season.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
In. Unfortunately will have to deal with all my Cornell family members.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Cornell is #51 in Pairwise. Would be a bad loss.
Aberration because Ivys haven't played many games. The Big Red will be dangerous. They have Canadian guys who can't speak English. Majoring in French at an Ivy league school. Kind of like the African studies program at UNC

Reaction Score
They have Canadian guys who can't speak English. Majoring in French at an Ivy league school. Kind of like the African studies program
Total bs

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Total bs
It is what it is. Ken Dryden. 2x national Champs. They hate Syracuse as much as we (UConn) do. Lynah Rink is like Cameron indoor stadium. Huge nuts student section, home team advantage

Reaction Score
What you said about their roster is completely untrue.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I raged with Joe Nieuwendyk back in the day in Ithaca. My sisters roommate dated his teammate the goalie. Dumb as stumps. UConn has a better Ag School, better ice cream and a better hockey team. We need to win this game, Cornell is a hockey elite. Need another notch in our belt

Reaction Score
Aberration because Ivys haven't played many games. The Big Red will be dangerous. They have Canadian guys who can't speak English. Majoring in French at an Ivy league school. Kind of like the African studies program at UNC
Abarration notwithstanding; the rankings are what they are. We must win.

Reaction Score
If this team is a top 10 team they don't lose to Cornell as Viet Vet said #51 in pairwise regardless of venue

Reaction Score
It is what it is. Ken Dryden. 2x national Champs. They hate Syracuse as much as we (UConn) do. Lynah Rink is like Cameron indoor stadium. Huge nuts student section, home team advantage
Been there, done that...
It is a tremendous venue. The place rocks and has for 60 years. (Many renos through the years.) Barry Melrose says it would be his pick of a venue for seeing a great college hockey game. But, we're playing at MSG and while the Cornell faithful will make the journey - it ain't Lynah.

Cornell is a big talented team. They are off to slow start though. The wins against Brown and Yale were against a couple of tomato cans. I think the boys will be ready and we can out skate them. UConn faithful can make a big difference with numbers and noise! We have had a bit of a baptism by fire as of late and I think that will pay off!

Reaction Score
Anything close to a 50/50 split in crowd affiliation will be a win for UConn. Cornell has a huge alumni base in NYC that doesn't have to travel to attend. It's Thanksgiving weekend; expecting lots of UConn hockey fans to stay put with family.

Full disclosure: I am staying put with family.

Reaction Score
Anything close to a 50/50 split in crowd affiliation will be a win for UConn. Cornell has a huge alumni base in NYC that doesn't have to travel to attend. It's Thanksgiving weekend; expecting lots of UConn hockey fans to stay put with family.

But I WILL be at Merrimack the following Tuesday.

Reaction Score

Fair weather friend!! LOL

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I wasn't there, but my sister (Cornell '87) reported that Big Red fans outnumbered Columbia fans 3:1 at the football game in Morningside Heights last Saturday. Ed Marinaro was in the house. Huge # of Cornell alumni in NYC. I fear it will be like a road game for the Huskies. Cornell plays at MSG yearly. Best way to counter is for the Huskies to score early and score often.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Sister and brother-in-law (Cornell '87) and nephew (Cornell '18) just bailed. They fear the Ice Bus!

Reaction Score
Unfortunately will not be at MSG but will be at Fenway in January!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm registered to swing by Legends, but I really miss Foleys and the Blarney Rock on 33rd . . .

Reaction Score
while watching Cornell mens hockey playing Sacred Heart tuesday nite on espn+ the cornell announcers brought up playing Uconn at MSG. They stated when the Cornell team found out they would be playing Uconn there was a lukewarm reaction to Uconn. No respect from these guys for Uconn.

Reaction Score
Expect a road game.

A pair of us in 202
We’re in sec 224. Bought the tix before UConn was promoting them on their own site so we’ll prolly be surrounded by fans of the big red machine…to which I say I appreciate and thank them for the services of Carl Sagan, but not much else ;) .

Reaction Score
while watching Cornell mens hockey playing Sacred Heart tuesday nite on espn+ the cornell announcers brought up playing Uconn at MSG. They stated when the Cornell team found out they would be playing Uconn there was a lukewarm reaction to Uconn. No respect from these guys for Uconn.

That mindset only benefits UConn, though I imagine that was more the case towards the start of the season rather than at this juncture.

Overall MSG will always be a second home to UConn far beyond what Cornell could ever reach even if they greatly outnumber those on the IceBus (or IceTrain this time around).

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Game day bump. With the 8 p.m. puck drop, the timing is great to watch the second half of the 3:30 window NCAA FB games. Legends has tons of TVs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom