Rodney | The Boneyard

Rodney

Reaction Score
237CC4D5-1A21-4B3C-9ED0-5023C7D2BF73.png

Reaction Score
If Rodney turns out to be an nba player I don't think I'd be the only one here to say that I am very, very pleasantly surprised. Though his game might be weirdly a better fit for the nba: solid 3pt shooter, super quick first step, plus the NBA offers more open paints for driving. I haven't watched any tape, but how he's not a turnover machine with his dribbling and can finish at the rim over NBA big men is amazing to me. Kudos to him though and I wish him the best, he represents the school fantastically. Very proud.. hopefully him, Dham, and shabazz can carve out some NBA spots to represent the Ollie era in the league.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If Rodney turns out to be an nba player I don't think I'd be the only one here to say that I am very, very pleasantly surprised.

Im the opposite.

Im not surprised at all. I was shocked that he didnt have a more consistent, productive college career. But you could see that the kid had the tools to be an effective player. They just never all matched up at one time for any kind of consistent period here.

I really thought going into last year that he would have a Buddy Hield like senior season. Not quite as dynamic. But he shouldve been a 20 plus a a game scorer and AAC POY.Tha was his ceiling here. Obviously team stuff held him back, but him not internally clicking for whatever reason held him back more.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Im the opposite.

Im not surprised at all. I was shocked that he didnt have a more consistent, productive college career. But you could see that the kid had the tools to be an effective player. They just never all matched up at one time for any kind of consistent period here.

I really thought going into last year that he would have a Buddy Hield like senior season. Not quite as dynamic. But he shouldve been a 20 plus a a game scorer and AAC POY.Tha was his ceiling here. Obviously team stuff held him back, but him not internally clicking for whatever reason held him back more.
Also - some players get better as they play with better players

Reaction Score
Spacing on a court makes a ginormous difference... Not just referring to the width of the court. Our offense always seemed so cramped under KO. Watch Loyola space the floor so that guys can make plays. It's not rocket science.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So happy for Rodney. The kid definitely bleeds blue. You can tell he's worked hard at his game.

I, for one, am not as shocked as others. While I didn't expect him to carve out a role so quickly, as others have stated, he has all of the tools:

Athleticism, check
Size, check
Strength, check
3-pt shot/jumper, check
Ability to drive, check

His handle could be better, but it's good enough and you can work on that.

As others have stated, the pro style game will help him.

I think we'll see some more of our players during KOs tenure flourish next year. Our offense has been poor for years. Rodney has always had the tools and the talent.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Also - some players get better as they play with better players

I think thats the absolute case with Rodney. Hes got all the tools to benefit from playing with smart players. He's not a create his own Alpha.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yes it is KO's fault that Rodney couldn't make a layup at UConn. Great to see him playing well and hope he is able to stick in the NBA.

Rodney made his layups just fine from 2015-17.

Reaction Score
Im the opposite.

I have a post here in September stating that the losses of Purvis and Brimah are going to be much more of a hit than most people believe. No affition by subtraction. My expectations for the year were low because of their losses coupled with the recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Rodney also plays defense which many NBA players don't. That should help hm keep a spot.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is false.

]
He should have said "he can play defense" rather than he does. He can play defense when he wants too.

Very happy for Rodney and hope he has a long NBA career

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I think he was responding to the myth that NBA players don't play defense, widely held by people who proudly claim to not watch the NBA.

This is exactly what I’m responding to. 100% a myth. If they didn’t play defense in the nba every score would be the all star game.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I’m responding to. 100% a myth. If they didn’t play defense in the nba every score would be the all star game.

They don’t play D in New York, otherwise the NBA teams have a plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom