2022 Recruiting: - Rodney Rice | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Rodney Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Tweet from Rodney Rice, posted by @navery12 in the Luke Murray thread this morning.
I read somewhere (Rivals?) that he's recently been hearing more from UConn. I suppose this is why.

From his Rivals page. (EDIT: I now see this was posted earlier in the Murray thread by @AntG168)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe in today's game you need shooters for the perimeter, and he looks like that and more. And I like that nothing in the video that Hans posted looks forced. But there's a lot of overlap here with Corey Floyd. No? Or am I missing something?

Reaction Score
The more overlap with Corey Floyd the better. I’d like 3 of him.
my ideal lineup is:
CG
CG
W
Stretch
Stretch

2 CGs that can play on or off ball and shoot (eg floyd)
a 3 and D wing (eg hawk)
2 stretch bigs that can rebound and block shots (eg samson)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe in today's game you need shooters for the perimeter, and he looks like that and more. And I like that nothing in the video that Hans posted looks forced. But there's a lot of overlap here with Corey Floyd. No? Or am I missing something?

The really nice thing about starting your class off with a guy like Floyd is that you can bring in anyone else you want without making him redundant because he can play three positions.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We should offer his 4 star teammate Tyrell Ward he’s a good system fit and really sticks out on tape

Reaction Score
my ideal lineup is:
CG
CG
W
Stretch
Stretch

2 CGs that can play on or off ball and shoot (eg floyd)
a 3 and D wing (eg hawk)
2 stretch bigs that can rebound and block shots (eg samson)
That’s ideal for me, as long as one or more combo guards is an exceptional ball handler and decision maker. The primary ball handler needs to have the ball on a string or we will struggle against great teams.

I think Diggins will have us all thrilled with having a pure PG again. If he can get in the gym and become a deadly shooter, he will be an absolute beast. I think what you really want in a perfect world is a pure point that can shoot the lights out alongside a combo guard that can really handle the ball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hey look, Weingarten lying about a kids ranking again. Highest I see him ranked anywhere is 65.
Awhile ago he said his rankings were based on a personal ranking he would release eventually. I'm not sure if he ever did though.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Very high BB IQ. He is the type of player you win games with.

Reaction Score
No question the recent increased UConn interest by RR has been influenced by Murray.. Will be interesting to see if the Louisville interest begins to fade(on his part) now that Murray is here or if it continues to be legit.

Shooters/scorers with profiles like CJ/Rice/Denver A/J Hawk/Karaban are going to love playin' with Sool. He'll be leading the BE in assists before he leaves Storrs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The really nice thing about starting your class off with a guy like Floyd is that you can bring in anyone else you want without making him redundant because he can play three positions.

Especially the way Hurley wants to play. Guards who can shoot aren't going to ride the pine unless the won't play defense.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
No question the recent increased UConn interest by RR has been influenced by Murray.. Will be interesting to see if the Louisville interest begins to fade(on his part) now that Murray is here or if it continues to be legit.

Shooters/scorers with profiles like CJ/Rice/Denver A/J Hawk/Karaban are going to love playin' with Sool. He'll be leading the BE in assists before he leaves Storrs.

Not in the flashy sense, but I think I’m as excited about Diggins as any recruit in a long time.

I was super hyped about Adams but I think Sool is exactly the type of PG we have needed for awhile. Great feel for the game, infectious personality and tons of skill.

I just have that feeling I’m going to absolutely love him.

Reaction Score
Not in the flashy sense, but I think I’m as excited about Diggins as any recruit in a long time.

I was super hyped about Adams but I think Sool is exactly the type of PG we have needed for awhile. Great feel for the game, infectious personality and tons of skill.

I just have that feeling I’m going to absolutely love him.
Got that KEA vibe about him.. His court vision and passing is off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom