Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boat was great, Hamilton was a stud in the second half but this was Rodney's day. He was fantastic from start to finish and was the main reason we won this game. He's caught way too much heat around here and we don't win without him. Hopefully this will bury the other Rodney thread. Feel free to post about how awesome Rodney was today and if anybody can find the video of his epic dunk that would be appreciated.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Boat was great, Hamilton was a stud in the second half but this was Rodney's day. He was fantastic from start to finish and was the main reason we won this game. He's caught way too much heat around here and we don't win without him. Hopefully this will bury the other Rodney thread. Feel free to post about how awesome Rodney was today and if anybody can find the video of his epic dunk that would be appreciated.
Second game in a row where he was pivitol in the win.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great game today. Everything was strong. FT's, defense, driving and shooting 3's. If he could provide 3/4 of what he did today across the board consistently, he'd truly be a Ferrari. Maybe he's more of a Lamborghini. A bit tempermental and inconsistent, but a beast when he hooks up.

Reaction Score
The dude hadn't played full speed for over a year. I think of AJ Price's first year. He's going to still have some stinkers, but I still think this kid is going to be very good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hoping it's the first of many, having a third scorer really makes us a completely different team.
I guess he didn't do much in the ECU game.

Reaction Score
I will add something that may get unnoticed. He did all this against a very good team, in SMU. This was a good team we beat. RP earned this, as did the whole team.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I absolutely loved the incredibly weak, matador-like defensive effort by Nic Moore. He wanted no part of getting in front of that runaway train. Ole', Nic!

Reaction Score
Kudo's to Cheeky for reaching out and begging for the real Rodney to show up. He willed him to this breakout;)

Reaction Score
he was the Ferrari we had been hearing about...great performance by Mr Purvis. Hopefully this is the start of some consistently great performances by him..
Only bad thing was that he had his every game instance of stepping out of bounds.. :)

Reaction Score
He's big, fast, and strong enough to put up similar type games more frequently. He has a good stroke, and if he can tighten up his handle...watch out.

Kid oozes athleticism. Get his head on right and this team can win some games.

And next year...with his newfound confidence and a confident Daniel Hamilton? Watch out.

Reaction Score
To top his day off:

7-7 from the free throw line - Awesome.

It seemed to me that he was taking less time during his free throw routine - maybe he's just trying to put the ball in the hoop without over thinking.

So happy for Rodney.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
For the first time, he was able to get his shoulders around his defender with some momentum toward the hoop. It opens up all kinds of offensive opportunities. It's was good to see him get to the line, too.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed at the game... he changed up his free throw routine. He was much faster... got the ball, 1 dribble, shot. Less thinking, more natural. 7 for 7 from the line so it definitely worked. Credit to him and the coaching staff on this improvement. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed at the game... he changed up his free throw routine. He was much faster... got the ball, 1 dribble, shot. Less thinking, more natural. 7 for 7 from the line so it definitely worked. Credit to him and the coaching staff on this improvement. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Yep I just watched the cbs post game interview and RP said he has been working on shooting 100 - 200 free throws every day. Said the hard work paid off today.

Reaction Score
he was the Ferrari we had been hearing about...great performance by Mr Purvis. Hopefully this is the start of some consistently great performances by him..
Only bad thing was that he had his every game instance of stepping out of bounds.. :)

He went up for a deflected pass headed out of bounds. This was totally unlike stepping out after receiving a pass. Two totally different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom