Rodney Purvis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Outside shooting is something he has consistently gotten better at. But he could still score at will in high school. He wouldn’t miss on drives in high school. At UConn, I think his shooting percentage went down as he got closer to the basket.

Wait, you’re basing that off of seeing him at peach jam vs multiple years in competitive games/seasons?

Ok then, carry on.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
People can often be correct in their overall points while being WAYYYY OFF on why.

And that’s most of the boneyard coaching association, throwing random statements at walls since at least 2011.

Reaction Score
Outside shooting is something he has consistently gotten better at. But he could still score at will in high school. He wouldn’t miss on drives in high school. At UConn, I think his shooting percentage went down as he got closer to the basket.

You're really saying that he got worse at layups as a college player. No one puts any thought into anything anymore. I watched Purvis dunk on 5-7 white kids in high school too.

Reaction Score
I used to go over and lurk the Syracuse board just to fuel my visceral hate for them based on how they bashed UCONN and especially the fans here. Sad to think I might actually hate UCONN fans more than Cuse fans now.

What a shock you're a troll. Hopefully you'll just root for wherever your Uncle Ollie ends up.

Reaction Score
I always felt Rodney wanted to be Kemba or Bazz. The problem was ice didn't run through his veins. He made too many mistakes trying to be "the guy". It probably didn't help that KO called him a Ferrari. Now that he is out of that environment he is playing within himself.

Reaction Score
I watched Rodney Purvis play for USA basketball last night in the FIBA qualifying. This was not the Rodney Purvis I saw at UConn. He was in control, he made some really good passes, and it looked like he knew what he was doing on the offensive and defensive end. I immediately want to blame Ollie for not getting the most out of Purvis, and I don't think I'm wrong. I think Ollie just tells them to go out there and play basketball, and there is very little coaching. Also, Rodney Purvis did not step out of bounds in the game last night. lol
I love Rodney. That being said, did KO have him playing on a smaller court?

Reaction Score
I love Rodney. That being said, did KO have him playing on a smaller court?

Ollie didn't, the college game did. The college game is more packed inside. Big men don't shoot 3s, there are zones, the 3 point line is closer, etc.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Purvis was alot better at UCONN then at NCST. HE was benched at at NCST because he could not get his game together. He was cut from the u20 USA team between his transfer to freshman yr n UCONN. He did get alot better at UCONN but that is not the narrative

Stop this right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ollie didn't, the college game did. The college game is more packed inside. Big men don't shoot 3s, there are zones, the 3 point line is closer, etc.

The paint is smaller. That's a big one for guys going to the hole, which was a huge part of RP's game.

Reaction Score
I watched Rodney Purvis play for USA basketball last night in the FIBA qualifying. This was not the Rodney Purvis I saw at UConn. He was in control, he made some really good passes, and it looked like he knew what he was doing on the offensive and defensive end. I immediately want to blame Ollie for not getting the most out of Purvis, and I don't think I'm wrong. I think Ollie just tells them to go out there and play basketball, and there is very little coaching. Also, Rodney Purvis did not step out of bounds in the game last night. lol
Ollie failed to teach Rodney how to make a layup. Neither did his youth coach or HS coach. Fire them all.

Reaction Score
And there's no way to even know if players in this system are prepared for the pro game. So far, the returns are incomplete. While I do feel Shabazz Napier would have thrived anywhere, the soph. Shabazz was a very different player than the senior Shabazz. He developed a lot his last 2 years. And did his knowledge gained at UConn help him adjust to the NBA game in ways that he wouldn't have adjusted if he had gone to college elsewhere? That could very well be. I would not trust anyone who told me Shabazz was always going to be an NBA player no matter what, even if I feel that way myself. I think it's quite possible hat Shabazz appreciates the pro seasoning he received under Ollie.

Reaction Score
I was referring to stepping on the sideline. Appreciate the other info.

Reaction Score
You hang on the Cuse boards and hate UConn fans.... why are you here? Be gone.
Um, I occasionally read their board. If that's what "hanging" means to you, then sure I hang there. And I thought the rest was pretty obviously tongue in cheek. You numbskull.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You hang on the Cuse boards and hate UConn fans.... why are you here? Be gone.

It would be nice to see this kind of vitriol directed at the people who post here about rooting for UConn to lose. Why doesn’t that happen?

Reaction Score
Rodney would be the best defender on our current squad. Always liked his aggressive approach to playing, sometimes a bit too aggressive but he always went full bore.

Reaction Score
It would be nice to see this kind of vitriol directed at the people who post here about rooting for UConn to lose. Why doesn’t that happen?

I thought you already had that covered

Reaction Score
If Lord Purvis knew how to control himself driving to the rim and control his body going up, forget it. NOBODY can stop him; man's built like a tank with jaguar like speed. But unfortunately, a lack of player development happened there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom