Rodney Purvis to NCST | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis to NCST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No surprise there. It was worth a shot- nice to be in his top 2- we have made up some serious ground over the last year or so. He wants to be a big fish- and he wants to leave after one year- we are not the school for that type of player anyway. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I dont think Calhoun has a problem adding a one and done. But I agree he wants to be a big fish. He will have the ball in his hands from day one at NCST.

Reaction Score
Good luck to him and congrats to NCST. I'm sure playing time was a big concern of his aside from the benefits of staying local.

Reaction Score
and go nowhere.

Why would you say that? Because he's not coming to UCONN for you? To make you happy in winning a Nat'l Championship? I'm happy for the young man... He's got enough heart to want the rock in his hands and be the man from day one... Run his own squad... Best wishes to him...

Reaction Score
Playing time would be an issue for him with a junior shabazz, sophomore Boatshow and OC. Right? Moving on, IMO , I'm bewildered to why some kids don't want to go to a school with better coaching, tradition, and exposure, even in North Carolina. But I guess if he is a one and done it doesn't really matter if he goes to a previously sub .500 team.

Reaction Score
I am happy for NCSU. I am happy that he is staying close to home and his friends. I am pretty sure that he will not be sniffing the post season for the one year he will be at NCSU- therefor the "going nowhere"comment. I am positive that I hope you crush dook. I am also positive that I do not really care about RP anymore.
Thank you for interest in UCONN basketball.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
No surprise there. It was worth a shot- nice to be in his top 2- we have made up some serious ground over the last year or so. He wants to be a big fish- and he wants to leave after one year- we are not the school for that type of player anyway. Oh well.
Pretty sure AD is a one and done and is a very big fish

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I am happy for NCSU. I am happy that he is staying close to home and his friends. I am pretty sure that he will not be sniffing the post season for the one year he will be at NCSU- therefor the "going nowhere"comment. I am positive that I hope you crush dook. I am also positive that I do not really care about RP anymore.
I agree with you S other than who gives a rats about NCS!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
congrats to NC State. i'm still psyched we got Omar. now let's get some bigs!

Reaction Score

Ktuck is a huge UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Not really all that surprised. I wonder how close a race it was. With ships at a premium still, I'll quickly forget all about Purvis if we land Noel and Bennett.

Reaction Score
Hopefully we'll run into Rodney in conference in a couple of years.....

Reaction Score
I just do not see why we need to sugar coat the fact that:
1) We most likely will be a better team next year.
2) We do not care even a little about NCSU basketball.
3) We now will move on and will not pay even the slightest bit of attention to RP and what he does in college (unless they beat dook).

I retract my comment to Ktuck. It should have stated "thank you for your interest in RP".

We are DOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I wonder if this was a timing thing where if UCONN hadn't already sighed Omar Calhoun we might have gotten Purvis or if he knew all along he was going to NC State. If you know you're going to State, having the defending National Champs as your number two is great PR. It seems like a bunch of kids have done this in the last couple of years when I thought there was zero chance of us signing them. If you could have one or the other who would you prefer, Omar Calhoun or Rodney Purvis? I haven't seen a lot of them but from what I have seen I'd say Purvis but Calhoun seems to really want to be a Husky and that is worth a lot.

Reaction Score
Calhoun is who we would want out of the two. Main reasons... He wants to be here, He urged Purvis to come here... Calhoun understands his talents and is not worried about who would take his minutes... Calhoun has the mindset we want here at Uconn.

Now maybe we can focus on Bennett and Noel.

G

Greg Brooks

Who knows why these kids make the decisions they do....I still can't believe Durand Scott went to Miami instead of UConn. Good luck to him, we'll be fine without him

Reaction Score
So where has his decision to go to NC State "shocked the world" ?
once again, its just a thing kid's say. guarantee the kid who said it didn't even know where he was going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom