Rodney Purvis & This team's heart | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis & This team's heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regardless of today's outcome, I would suggest that everyone leaves their negative opinions off this board. These are great kids, bring it everyday and give everything they have for a great coaching staff(In KO we believe)! We need to rally behind them not take cheap shots on a message board!

We are huskies, lets act like it.

All the best, Skinner

Please don't tell me you weren't screaming at your TV all day in joy. We have had the greatest 20 years, and we will have the greatest next 20 years. You can count on THAT!

Reaction Score
he could legit turn the corner. you don't accidentally drop 28 on SMU in the fashion he did. Looks like he learned the nba trick when penetrating; subtly slap the defenders hand check away, but not shoving off.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Find someone on another team.
Wouldn't that be nice! At least I won't have to defend him after this game. Couldn't believe some people were going after him after the ECU game.

As an aside PN is playing much better. He held his own against a real good front court. Will need that against Temple.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unlikely unfortunately. Designated whipping person.
Nah, some people have moved on to Facey (see the 4 0n five thread.)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Regardless of today's outcome, I would suggest that everyone leaves their negative opinions off this board. These are great kids, bring it everyday and give everything they have for a great coaching staff(In KO we believe)! We need to rally behind them not take cheap shots on a message board!

All the best, Skinner

Please don't tell me you weren't screaming at your TV all day in joy. We have had the greatest 20 years, and we will have the greatest next 20 years. You can count on THAT!
Skinner, I had an off topic UConn question for you, if you have a moment, can you send me a private message. Mike-

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nah, some people have moved on to Facey (see the 4 0n five thread.)
Two guys who would go after a blind woman who only rescued twenty orphans from a building on fire but left two behind!:oops:

Reaction Score
9/16, 3/6, 7/7 ain't bad. Perhaps the Ferarri got a tune-up? Seems everyone got a tune-up today.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that be nice! At least I won't have to defend him after this game. Couldn't believe some people were going after him after the ECU game.

As an aside PN is playing much better. He held his own against a real good front court. Will need that against Temple.
Agreed I was proud of how Phil played all game. Kudos to him for continuing to bring constant effort. Plus that foul line jumper was a huge bonus. Loved his 110% today.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Skinner, I had an off topic UConn question for you, if you have a moment, can you send me a private message. Mike-
The answer is yes, we are getting out of this s conference (eventually).

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
RP picked the right day to play his best game of the year.

Yes, I believe he caught Larry Brown with his pants down today. Larry was so wet pants scared of Boat/Hamilton that he forgot all about Hot Rod, much to his chagrin. He won't likely make the same mistake twice, but if we truly become a triple threat team on offense, I'm not sure Larry or his Ponies are going to be able to handle it, no matter what they throw at us.

Maybe Rodney just needs a big house and sense of occasion to shine like the Ferrari he can be.

Reaction Score
Purvis was a different player today. Had the superman suit on.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I've got a very good feeling we're about to rattle off 11 more wins. The mojo was strong today. The nation has been put on notice.

And @huskies92 is the man.

Edited it for you!

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
To whoever corrected my egregious error I wouldn't like to say thank you. It was truly short sighted to only predict through the end of the conference tournament. I hope the mojo gods will accept my sincerest apologies. Go Huskies

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This is what I take from Rodney today:

If he's hitting FTs, he's going to drive and embrace contact, play more physically showing his athleticism, and the points he gets there will build his confidence which will aid him everywhere. It's a beautiful cycle. I really hope he can keep the FT shooting going.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully a new man. Even if he gives us half of what he did today consistently, we are a better team

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know, it doesn't make somebody a nay sayer or better yet, a "hater" to be critical when a guy manages to step out of bounds for like 5 straight games.

The kid absolutely killed it today and we've all been rooting for him all season.

As long as the criticism isn't personal, it's fair game, IMO.

Reaction Score
Maybe Rodney just needs a big house and sense of occasion to shine like the Ferrari he can be.
Ferrari's look much better in the bright lights of an Interstate than on the unlit dirt back roads that lead to some of our conference 'rivals' ' homes.
[Lord forgive me for encouraging the use of the Ferrari analogy.]

Reaction Score

All the best, Skinner

We`ll see how fast the love fest dies off if he goes 2 for 10 in his next game and we lose. The mob is fickle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom