Rodney Purvis getting surgery? | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis getting surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought I saw him tweet a week or two ago that he slipped on the ice up in Storrs and was injured.

Either way, speedy recovery RP.

Reaction Score
I just saw that retweet as well. I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone yet. I do remember him tweeting that he slipped and fell.

D

Deleted member 3149

Yea I saw that ice tweet also.... RP will be fine I'm assuming. If it was something big we'd know by now.

Reaction Score
Obviously it's better this happen this year than next, but it's not great that he's missing out on valuable practice/development time that would be beneficial to both the current team and future ones.

Reaction Score
Obviously it's better this happen this year than next, but it's not great that he's missing out on valuable practice/development time that would be beneficial to both the current team and future ones.

Need a gif, stat.

Reaction Score
@DaveBorges: Rodney Purvis will be undergoing surgery tomorrow. We'll find out why shortly.

Reaction Score
@EdDaigneault: Torn left labrum for Purvis. 4-5 month recovery.

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Purvis had been practicing with the Huskies while sitting out the season. His left shoulder had been bothering him prior to coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
That's a bummer, but better this year than next. Wish him a speedy recovery, hopefully he's ready to go for the summer.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Too bad. I'm sure it was helping some of our guards to practice against another talented guard.

That's a bummer, but better this year than next. Wish him a speedy recovery, hopefully he's ready to go for the summer.

Reaction Score
At least we get our major injury for the season out of the way. Thanks for falling on the sword for the team Rod!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't think you can overerestimate the benefit to our backcourt from having Rodney on the practice squad.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
So nothing to do with the ice in Storrs?

I saw a tweet about how cold it was... and then someone (I forget who) tweeted back that they lied to him when they recruited him and just ask Purvis... if i wasn't at work, I'd try to find the exact tweets (otherwise this like the game of telephone).

Reaction Score
So nothing to do with the ice in Storrs?

I saw a tweet about how cold it was... and then someone (I forget who) tweeted back that they lied to him when they recruited him and just ask Purvis... if i wasn't at work, I'd try to find the exact tweets (otherwise this like the game of telephone).
I think that was between Hamilton and Purvis talking about Brimah:

daniel hamilton ‏@Dham_513 Dec
@amidabrimah: I was not ready for this type of cold seesh” I told u they lied to him on his recruiting trip @rpurvis5

Reaction Score
Sportsman 5, what were your issues. My daughter plays college basketball and her shoulder socket is loose and gets inflamed and very painful when it gets hit or she shoots to much. We are looking at surgical options in offseason. Is this a labrum issue and or does it sound like what you had? Thanks

Reaction Score
He certainly helped in practice, but it isn't like Bazz, Boat and Kromah are wet behind the ears and need practice sparring partners to get a taste for what competition is like. He was probably more valuable in September/October when practices and drills were full intensity. When the season gets rolling, your heavy minutes guys aren't going balls out in practice every day any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom