Rodney: Opposite Ends of the Spectrum. | The Boneyard

Rodney: Opposite Ends of the Spectrum.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On one end you have Stephen Wiltshire who drew the NYC skyline from memory after an 18 minute helicopter ride.

Articles: British autistic artist Stephen Wiltshire signs finished drawing of NYC skyline (VIDEO)

British autistic artist Stephen Wiltshire signs finished drawing of NYC skyline (VIDEO)

Video of him drawing Mexico City:

On the other end of the spectrum you have Rodney Purvis who after many years of playing managed to not memorize one rectangle. Still you are one of my favorites. Good luck in the future.

Reaction Score
Hah pretty elaborate joke. Way to misdirect. If this was anyone else but Rodney Pride.... if I call you a jerk but don't mean can I have it both ways?

Reaction Score
it's also fair to question what circuit in his brain made that connection and whether he's mentally stable. But I like people like that.

I don't think so. It is an outside the box post poking fun at a player in regards to one of his well known issues. Everyone just thinks inside the box these days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't think so. It is an outside the box post poking fun at a player in regards to one of his well known issues. Everyone just thinks inside the box these days.

But Rodney Purvis didn't play inside the box?????

Reaction Score

I like to think that 'mental illness' and intelligence are often one in the same. Not saying Fleud is mentally ill by any means, but everybody has thoughts from that tree and this seemed to be one of those...so it was meant as a compliment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Good video but stupid post. You sir are a moron
Big backer of Rodney. But of course not everyone could know that. It was ridiculous how much hate people gave him during last season with all the bad things that happened to him personally. I defended him through out it.

It's wry humor. Hyperbole. My intent was meant more to focus on how amazing the brain is. I was poking fun at the people who took Rodney to task over his stepping out of bounds by focusing on a person - the artist - who has an incredible gift even as he has other limitations.

During the season I never would have linked the artist to Rodney. But recently most comments I've read with regards to Rodney have been favorable and the stepping out of bounds a non issue.

It looks like no one read the article. The artist is autistic. Recently he was given an 18 minute helicopter ride over NY. Over the next four days he proceeded to draw the city to scale from memory. He has two gifts - a photographic memory and an incredible ability to draw what he observed. People might want to check out his other drawings.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I like to think that 'mental illness' and intelligence are often one in the same. Not saying Fleud is mentally ill by any means, but everybody has thoughts from that tree and this seemed to be one of those...so it was meant as a compliment.
Fleud had a late night party with Bunky. It was a blazing evening. The FBI intends to meet with The Fleud in the near future to get the low down. Call it a thiefs debriefs chief!

Reaction Score
Big backer of Rodney. But of course not everyone could know that. It was ridiculous how much hate people gave him during last season with all the bad things that happened to him personally. I defended him through out it.

It's wry humor. Hyperbole. My intent was meant more to focus on how amazing the brain is. I was poking fun at the people who took Rodney to task over his stepping out of bounds by focusing on a person - the artist - who has an incredible gift even as he has other limitations.

During the season I never would have linked the artist to Rodney. But recently most comments I've read with regards to Rodney have been favorable and the stepping out of bounds a non issue.

It looks like no one read the article. The artist is autistic. Recently he was given an 18 minute helicopter ride over NY. Over the next four days he proceeded to draw the city to scale from memory. He has two gifts - a photographic memory and an incredible ability to draw what he observed. People might want to check out his other drawings.

This was not recent. I saw this exact video and person years ago, just fyi. Still pretty cool.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This was not recent. I saw this exact video and person years ago, just fyi. Still pretty cool.
Video old. New story is he just did NYC. See article links. And yes extraordinary. The feats of sports figures pale in comparison imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom