Rodney Declares | The Boneyard

Rodney Declares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Purvis ended up having the highest +/-/40 of any of our players at 12.9. The two that followed him were Brimah (12.8) and Adams (12.3).

Purvis lead the team in +/- per game with +9.3, and the closest to that was Adams at 7.1.

The team is better with him on the court, and the school is better with him as a student ambassador. Hope to get one more year with Purvis.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Well I guess I'll comment now before we get to page 10. Not surprising at all.

Reaction Score
I'd love Rodney to stay but if he graduates it's probably best for him to leave and start earning a living. He only has so many years to get paid to play ball.

Reaction Score
I'd love Rodney to stay but if he graduates it's probably best for him to leave and start earning a living. He only has so many years to get paid to play ball.
Improving his game in college another year and winning a National championship sounds way better to me.

Reaction Score

These comments are with respect to his NBA prospects - Rodney is limited except for his defense on the perimeter. He can't finish around the basket and I question his basketball IQ - I root for him but I don't think he has a chance in the NBA. His outside shot is fine but he is streaky and he takes questionable shots early in the shot clock. That said I realize we have been caught late with limited options numerous times which to me says we have to establish an inside presence again.

Reaction Score
Best for him to leave and start earning a living in Europe? Or the D-league?
If he stays, isn't it possible that he further develops his game, has a chance to be part of a special season with UCONN and has a chance to actually get drafted?

Reaction Score
I hate this new rule. I forget the word declare doesn't mean anything anymore.
Yeah, they should call it something softer like 'applying' or submit to draft evaluation process. Declare should be reserved for those that hire agents or drop out of school.

Reaction Score
Improving his game in college another year and winning a National championship sounds way better to me.
I agree. I think he has the ability to play in the league, but he needs to refine his play for another year here.

Reaction Score
Yeah I don't see any situation for him to come back, he's graduating and his stock is what it is. One year coming back isn't going to launch him into a guaranteed contact.

Reaction Score
Best for him to leave and start earning a living in Europe? Or the D-league?
If he stays, isn't it possible that he further develops his game, has a chance to be part of a special season with UCONN and has a chance to actually get drafted?
I believe that scenario applies more to Amida and DHam but wouldn't been shocked if either left. I really believe DHam can play himself into a high 1st rounder with one more year of school.

I'll throw out this scenario to drive people crazy.. Rodney grad transfers somewhere close to home that's having trouble recruiting (UNC). They'll offer him a bigger stage, a nifty graduate degree, and possibly a duffle bag. Very unlikely but just a crazy thought I had.

Reaction Score
I suspect this will be an annual occurrence here especially with our upgraded recruiting class.

As a fan it kinda sucks even if its only testing the waters. I guess I have to brace myself for these announcements/declarations, and treat them only as exploratory (I hope).

Reaction Score
I heard Facey is next.

In all seriousness, if he graduates like he's supposed to, he doesn't owe the university anything and I'll think of it as a bonus if he stays.

Reaction Score
Not to being a PG that can run an NBA team. That's his only position at the next level he is too small to play the 2 guard.
The NBA is going positionless. He is not too small to play SG. He's already stronger than most SG's I'd bet, he's very fast and a good defender. We all know he has stuff he needs to work on, but what kind of fans are we if we give a player next to no chance?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not to being a PG that can run an NBA team. That's his only position at the next level he is too small to play the 2 guard.

Not true. The Celtics routinely play Bradley (6'2) next to PG Thomas. And Marcus Smart is 6'4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom