Rod Sellers Sighting | The Boneyard

Rod Sellers Sighting

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The video is so much more benign than the still.

rodsellers.png

Reaction Score
I went back and confirmed that indeed Sellers was suspended the following tournament:
"Laettner was in the pile, and Sellers elbowed him in the face and pushed his head to the floor. No foul was called, but a year later Sellers was suspended for the first tournament game by the NCAA. He wrote a letter of apology to Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and at a pre-draft workout, apologized to Laettner, who accepted it, and they shook hands."
WTF?!? I could see being suspended the following season but why wait until the tournament? What if they didn't make it?
Yes, I'm getting mad online about something that happened 27 years ago.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Lol, literally broke into applause and loud laughter, no doubt making the rest of the office uncomfortable.

Dibs on stealing this for an avatar!

You hijacking bastage!!! Screensaver it is. (mopes off)

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
@Dove .... i think that twitter gif deserves Biff's follow up.

Reaction Score
I know I am a bad person for saying this, but that is one of my favorite UConn basketball moments ever. Makes me chuckle every time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You know Leattner said or did something nasty (big surprise!!) for Rod to do that
To this day Rod won't say what it was but I thought it was BS that he apologized and CL didn't for stomping on Rod's chest
CL is my most hated person in all sports - Grayson Allen is a close second - both play for that team coached by the poster child himself - Mr please NCAA erase those losses when I was in rehab for my back problems

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I wasn't mad until you said it was 27 years ago and reminded me how fricken old I am. That seems like it happened about 2 years ago.
3 of us drove to Detroit for the sweet 16 game at the thole Silverdome.
Remember we met Scotty Burrel’s mom at the pre game shindig at the team hotel. She said she had a bad feeling about the game. Proved prophetic as we were drubbed. I think they played St John’s for the elite 8. Did not want to wait around 2 days for that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Lol, literally broke into applause and loud laughter, no doubt making the rest of the office uncomfortable.

They were already uncomfortable. Don't sell yourself short.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I know I am a bad person for saying this, but that is one of my favorite UConn basketball moments ever. Makes me chuckle every time.

Nonsense. You are not a bad person. America loves to hate Chrissy.

Hate gives my life purpose and meaning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They were already uncomfortable. Don't sell yourself short.
Yeah pretty much should have put an "again" at the end of that sentence.

Reaction Score
If I remember right Sellers would not be suspended until the following season's NCAA tournament. NCAA screwing UConn goes back decades...

That's correct. Unprecedented and probably never happened again. They had to punish UConn the following year because we lost that game where Sellers pushed Laettner's head into the floor so they couldn't suspend him for the next game that year. What a joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom