Rockville/Vernon Rocks - The Glory Days | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rockville/Vernon Rocks - The Glory Days

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Valley Falls and Rails to trails are great trails and bike paths.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Who has the Bill Romanowski high school stories? He was incredible to watch play.
I was a good friend of his brother Mike.
My brother in law played football at RHS with Billy - not many stories - the kid always worked out, never partied and had one aim in life - play pro football

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think 1990 or 1991 was my last year at Newhoca. It was a total dump when it first reopned. Glad it got nicer over time.
Steve Krajewski and I used to keep Camp Newhoca clean and mowed, etc. when the town first inherited the property as part of our duties working for Parks and Rec during the summers
Great place to park the truck and hide for many hours!
The stories I could tell.............................................

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Steve Krajewski and I used to keep Camp Newhoca clean and mowed, etc. when the town first inherited the property as part of our duties working for Parks and Rec during the summers
Great place to park the truck and hide for many hours!
The stories I could tell..........
I think my first exposure to the birds and bees was walking into the boathouse during the yearly overnight and finding two counselors haha!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think my first exposure to the birds and bees was walking into the boathouse during the yearly overnight and finding two counselors haha!

Well, that definitely wasn't me. My only exposure in the boathouse was catching and disposing of the snakes that were found there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was a good friend of his brother Mike.
My brother in law played football at RHS with Billy - not many stories - the kid always worked out, never partied and had one aim in life - play pro football

The whole family was pretty grounded and lived the stereotypical middle class life.

Reaction Score
That's Joe Calachi who had the National HS record for a while for TDs scored and rushing yards in late 60s/early 70s - went on to play at West Virginia Wesleyan
Steve never played football
Only baseball and basketball
I watched Calachi when I was 10 and 11. His success was due in large part to the FB whose name I forget who was an almost an Olympic shot putter. My dad always pointed out his blockers to me. The FB Was a coach for the track team 1977-79. If you ran track when Balcome was coach, you will remember lunch days.

When I was at RHS, it was Romo’s Older brother and Bob Othank, Thank the Tank. Made the state playoffs with them. I played softball against Romo one summer in Vernon while he was still at BC. Entire team was his FB buddies. Hated it when “old”guys ( we were 24-28 year olds) beat them in the league playoffs. We won the league in 1983. I was clearly an integral part of that team as they won it while I was on my honeymoon.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I watched Calachi when I was 10 and 11. His success was due in large part to the FB whose name I forget who was an almost an Olympic shot putter. My dad always pointed out his blockers to me. The FB Was a coach for the track team 1977-79. If you ran track when Balcome was coach, you will remember lunch days.

When I was at RHS, it was Romo’s Older brother and Bob Othank, Thank the Tank. Made the state playoffs with them. I played softball against Romo one summer in Vernon while he was still at BC. Entire team was his FB buddies. Hated it when “old”guys ( we were 24-28 year olds) beat them in the league playoffs. We won the league in 1983. I was clearly an integral part of that team as they won it while I was on my honeymoon.

Bobby Onthank had a great chance to play college ball until he blew up his knee his junior or senior season. They were from the same neighborhood with the Romanowski's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom