Rocket Watts Will announce Final 6 on Sunday | The Boneyard

Rocket Watts Will announce Final 6 on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we can make his list of 6 that will say a lot about Hurley's recruiting. Hurley got a late start on the 2019 class.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I think we'll make the 6 but we've got next to no shot of landing this kid.
If we make the final 6, there must be at least some level of interest in us. Then you put on the full court press and show him how much we want him, if that is the case.
If we get left off his list, I agree, no shot.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Would be a solid statement for us to make the final list but everything I've read is that Watts is likely for Michigan/Michigan State.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we make the final 6, there must be at least some level of interest in us. Then you put on the full court press and show him how much we want him, if that is the case.
If we get left off his list, I agree, no shot.
You just never know with these kids. Maybe he wants to leave state for school, maybe he wants early playing time, maybe he wants a very guard heavy system, maybe he's a huge Kemba Walker or Ray Allen fan...there are a lot of reasons why he might be interested in coming here.

Reaction Score
The staff hasn't missed any of Watts' games all week, and Hurley watched him today. They must feel confident in their ability to get an OV still. I don't like our chances at landing him, but it would be great to get him on campus for a weekend. I'm sure Hurley will talk to him about another star guard he coached out of Detroit, EC Matthews.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Logic says that we have no chance, but as UConnStats pointed out, it’s a bit telling that Hurley hasn’t taken his foot off the gas. Getting an OV and a shot to sell him on his vision for the 2019 class would at least give us a punchers chance.

Reaction Score
Logic says that we have no chance, but as UConnStats pointed out, it’s a bit telling that Hurley hasn’t taken his foot off the gas. Getting an OV and a shot to sell him on his vision for the 2019 class would at least give us a punchers chance.
I agree being in the top six is better than not being in most cases.
But the fact that we’re still pedal to the floor on him is more promising. Hurley’s been around long enough to know when to throw in the towel and move on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m convinced that if you can get a kid on an OV and get them on campus you have a chance

In general, that really depends on if shoe money is involved.

Reaction Score
He may not sign anywhere until mid season. If hes not an early signee and we are in the top 6 I don’t see why we don’t have a shot if Hurley can make some noise this year.

C

Chief00

I’m convinced that if you can get a kid on an OV and get them on campus you have a chance
Since Herbst instituted the police state, it’s not like it use to be. Especially, w/o Bunkey!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Just him mentioning UConn gives the prospect a bit of light
DH has had some success in the Detroit area but going against Michigan State and Michigan to a lesser degree is daunting
Eventhough DH has been watching this kid a lot recently, you've got to think Izzo has a room in the kid's house
We'll see

Reaction Score
Yall some pessimists.

Agreed. Let the hype begin.

7752509D-0D87-401F-A246-57228A073B58.png

Reaction Score
You just never know with these kids. Maybe he wants to leave state for school, maybe he wants early playing time, maybe he wants a very guard heavy system, maybe he's a huge Kemba Walker or Ray Allen fan...there are a lot of reasons why he might be interested in coming here.

Make sure you give Hurley a heads up on using all these. We can't take any chances!

pj

Reaction Score
had to laugh at the off the backboard shot to conclude the video. Quite the shooting exhibition there, he was almost shooting from halfcourt by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom