Rock bottom? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Offensive line has been the best group the 2nd half of the season. They deserve nothing but praise for the last 4-5 games. Can't say that for any other position.
Interesting, who in particular has looked better? I thought Crozier looked the part at times two weeks ago, with some whiffs that looked like what happens to the new guy as opposed to being completely over matched. I'd admit, I don't watch closely - all four qters.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Found rock bottom.

18ixeh231itidjpg.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco was a bad hire.
Its looking that way. If he doesnt make staff changes in the off season, its looking grim for 2015. No way he doesn't get 10 to 16 more games on his leash.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco was a bad hire.
Wish I could argue, but there isn't any evidence to refute that. Have to think other coaches would have been able to squeeze a couple more wins out of this roster, thin as it is.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Its looking that way. If he doesnt make staff changes in the off season, its looking grim for 2015. No way he doesn't get 10 to 16 more games on his leash.
One would think year 2 of Diaco = year 3 of Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Interesting, who in particular has looked better? I thought Crozier looked the part at times two weeks ago, with some whiffs that looked like what happens to the new guy as opposed to being completely over matched. I'd admit, I don't watch closely - all four qters.

As a unit they've been solid, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe they gave up a sack the last 4-5 games.

Reaction Score
easy to say after three years of FHCPP and his garbage.
You're wrong. It's actually harder to say because expectations are so...so....so low.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
This isn't funny anymore. There is no making light of this.

People should be furious or just drop the program.

This coach...these players...couldn't take control of a 14 point lead at halftime against a win less team.

Damn, you sound like Tommy West in 2008...it takes time, it took us almost 6 years to rebuild.

Reaction Score
Trick question - the answer is always "no".
Rock bottom is when the NCAA orders your program disbanded, not for rules violations, but for sheer incompetence. I'm just glad the University of New Haven is not on the schedule next year.

Reaction Score
Wish I could argue, but there isn't any evidence to refute that. Have to think other coaches would have been able to squeeze a couple more wins out of this roster, thin as it is.

There also isn't any evidence to SUPPORT that, either. 75% or more of this team is Pasqualoni's, but you all are ready to string Coach Diaco by the short hairs before he has a chance to get his players here.

Reaction Score
There also isn't any evidence to SUPPORT that, either. 75% or more of this team is Pasqualoni's, but you all are ready to string Coach Diaco by the short hairs before he has a chance to get his players here.

There's coaches out there who wins with other coaches players. To say that it's hard for Diaco to win because 75% of PP players are here is an excuse. TJ had UConn become an offensive threat in 3 games last year with PP's players, so there's no excuse.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Okay, but he certainly played as many of what looks to be 'his' guys already with nothing to show for it. Moreover, his guys vs PP's guys, doesnt matter, we saw the play calling and scheme's which were certainly questionable at times.

Reaction Score
There's coaches out there who wins with other coaches players. To say that it's hard for Diaco to win because 75% of PP players are here is an excuse. TJ had UConn become an offensive threat in 3 games last year with PP's players, so there's no excuse.

We had Cochrane last year, so that analogy is shot to s---. Also, there are coaches out there who LOSE with other coaches players. So that excuse is also shot to s---.

Reaction Score
We had Cochrane last year, so that analogy is shot to s---. Also, there are coaches out there who LOSE with other coaches players. So that excuse is also shot to s---.

Cochran is a PP player so you must of not understood my analogy there... I agree with you on the second point though it's true, coaches has lost with other coaches players, but there's coaches who has won with other coaches players so I still don't think you understand my analogy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You can never call rock bottom in real time. It's only in retrospect it can be indentfied.

Reaction Score
Damn, you sound like Tommy West in 2008...it takes time, it took us almost 6 years to rebuild.

why are you still on this board? oh that's right you have no one that actually gives a damn about your school. No one here wants your sh@t pep talk, go find somewhere else.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You can never call rock bottom in real time. It's only in retrospect it can be indentfied.
Ok I searched for "rock bottom" (which is amusing in a sadistic way, seeing how often we called it)... But I'm willing to say that SMU was the absolute, rock bottom. Disappointed with the loss yesterday but we aren't an embarrassment and we are pointing in the right direction... There are reasons for hope this year and in years to come. Keep improving.

Reaction Score
I was about halfway through this thread thinking it was a sardonic retrospective mocking our deep despair last season when I saw the date of the posts. I was chuckling at the cleverness of some of the posts until I realized these were the actual wails of guys on the ledge. I even gave husky10 a "like" for his I thought that after a few games this season, but apparently Bob is at the bottom of the pit with a shovel post before I understood the true nature of the thread.

What a difference starting the season with 2.5 wins makes. Kudos to DefCONNOne for maintaining some semblance sanity while everyone else was dropping the "bad acid."

Reaction Score
Yeah! So coach makes a crazy call ; doesn't work and we are at rock bottom. How about a valiant effort from the players and almost coming out with a win on the road against a top 25 team and a sec conference team. The effort put forth is on the coaches a credit to them. I believe we are getting closer boneyarders so keep the faith and Diaco has them playing with energy and he is still learning but you know the guy is working and trying hard to bring us a winning team and program.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yeah! So coach makes a crazy call ; doesn't work and we are at rock bottom. How about a valiant effort from the players and almost coming out with a win on the road against a top 25 team and a sec conference team. The effort put forth is on the coaches a credit to them. I believe we are getting closer boneyarders so keep the faith and Diaco has them playing with energy and he is still learning but you know the guy is working and trying hard to bring us a winning team and program.
Didn't mean to mess with ya donyell:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate