RobertNAtl | The Boneyard

RobertNAtl

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
With sadness, we note that one of the all-time stalwarts of The Summitt has died of a heart attack.

Those who've been around a while will remember him as always good humored, whether in victory or defeat. His classic remark during a UConn game ("That ballhog chick is killing us!") spawned a beloved nickname for Diana on this board in references both poetic and mundane.

Always read his handle as Robert "National" but eventually realized it was either Robert "N." or Robert "in" Atlanta.

The "national" interpretation seemed to speak to the way a true fan of a single team could transcend rivalry and convey needed perspective with his humor -- often using a parody of repetitious, exaggerated partisan comments as his unique signature post.

Robert was a prolific poster in what now seems a different time. Can't think of a simpler, more accurate way to express my sorrow at this news than to echo Betty Bean's comment: He was my all-time favorite Summitt poster.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Thanks, JS. From your comments, I do remember him, although he apparently has not posted in a very long time.. I enjoyed his humor.

RIP, Robert.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
He was my favorite Summitt poster as well. A very funny guy. My condolences go out to his loved ones.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Oh my. That is sad. Robert was a fan of his team but seemed to have it in proper perspective once you peeled back the parody.

I remember that he and his wife adopted (IIRC) twin little Asian girls several years ago? (I somewhat remember because someone here changed the color of their outfits from orange to blue after he posted their picture). He accepted the gesture with the humor and spirit it was intended. Sad to think those little girls have lost their loving dad.

I am so sorry for his family and loved ones for their loss.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I immediately thought of the little girls of whom he was so ecstatic. Life takes harsh turns far too frequently to make any assumptions but my prayers go out to his wife and daughters and all his friends in their loss. May God's grace be with them all.

Reaction Score
With sadness, we note that one of the all-time stalwarts of The Summitt has died of a heart attack.

Those who've been around a while will remember him as always good humored, whether in victory or defeat. His classic remark during a UConn game ("That ballhog chick is killing us!") spawned a beloved nickname for Diana on this board in references both poetic and mundane.

Always read his handle as Robert "National" but eventually realized it was either Robert "N." or Robert "in" Atlanta.

The "national" interpretation seemed to speak to the way a true fan of a single team could transcend rivalry and convey needed perspective with his humor -- often using a parody of repetitious, exaggerated partisan comments as his unique signature post.

Robert was a prolific poster in what now seems a different time. Can't think of a simpler, more accurate way to express my sorrow at this news than to echo Betty Bean's comment: He was my all-time favorite Summitt poster.
Oh my God, JS, that's awful!
He was actually one of the few posters that I liked over there. He had a great sense of humor. I remember how proud he was when his twin girls were born; I remember the picture he posted on their board and how Biff put them in UConn gear. I remember how he got a kick out of it.
RIP RobInHotLanta (as he referred to himself sometimes) !

Reaction Score
Oh my. That is sad. Robert was a fan of his team but seemed to have it in proper perspective once you peeled back the parody.

I remember that he and his wife adopted (IIRC) twin little Asian girls several years ago? (I somewhat remember because someone here changed the color of their outfits from orange to blue after he posted their picture). He accepted the gesture with the humor and spirit it was intended. Sad to think those little girls have lost their loving dad.

I am so sorry for his family and loved ones for their loss.
Do you still have that picture somewhere in your archives, Biff?
I too feel for those two little girls. I know what it's like to lose your dad at an early age.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sad news indeed and condolences to his family who survived him.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I too feel for those two little girls. I know what it's like to lose your dad at an early age.

I'm sure I do at the "home" archives (not accessible from "work" location) I will look tonight.

JS

Reaction Score
He had a great sense of humor.
Ha ha. Thinking about Robert, I remember how he relentlessly called us of the UConn ilk "commies."

Comm, conn, they sounded faintly similar. And those of a certain age can remember when calling somebody a commie meant he was the worst kind of enemy.

Even back then, though, when Robert used it, the word was somewhat archaic. It was as though he was reaching back into the archives for an appropriately classic epithet.

And commies we were, revolutionaries storming the tsarina's kremlin.

But Robert didn't think of it as anything so romantic. He (or rather his parodied partisan) simply meant to put us in our proletarian place, namely lower than dirt.

DarthVol

Visitor from the Dark Side
Reaction Score
Very sad news. He was one of the posters that made the Summitt worth reading.....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Robert was a man of great good humor and no ill-will. His pokes at UConn fans were in gentle good fun. My condolences to his family and friends.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score

Well time does fly. This was from 2002 so the girls are 11 ish now? Tough to lose your dad...at any age I guess.

twins_blue_mod.jpg

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, this is very sad. I joined Facebook, just so I could see pictures of the kids growing up.

He was very funny, and I'll miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01