Robbie Frey | The Boneyard

Robbie Frey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's it? Darn kids and their grounded aspirations. He coulda been a contenda!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Refresh my memory. Is he going to grad school there and using his final year of eligibility? Kutztown is DIII, right?

Reaction Score
Refresh my memory. Is he going to grad school there and using his final year of eligibility? Kutztown is DIII, right?

He wants to be a teacher and didn't get admission to the UConn school of ed, and the school wouldn't budge at all. So he decided to go to Kutztown where he could be in their teaching program and play right away.

Reaction Score
Noble move from a good man. That and his fiancée is at home and they're getting married this year. Don't discount the power of the triangle!

Reaction Score
I believe that Frey left, besides to be closer to his wife, because he could get his teaching degree in one year at Kutztown and it would have taken two had he stayed at UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe even longer. Despite attending a very well respected education grad program he would still have to jump through hoops to get his PA teaching certificate. He can accomplish all that in one year at ku. Now watch him get drafted or something crazy that'll just put off his teaching career anyway.

Reaction Score
His father came by the Boneyard and posted essentially what I said. He said Coach P did everything he could to try to help him get into the UConn teaching program, but the program wouldn't budge.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Good for Robbie!

He's a great kid and (regardless of football) has a very bright future ahead.

Reaction Score
His father came by the Boneyard and posted essentially what I said. He said Coach P did everything he could to try to help him get into the UConn teaching program, but the program wouldn't budge.

If Frey left because he couldn't get in the teaching program, then someone at the school really screwed up. We could really use Robbie Frey. Have to wonder if that would have happened if our new President was around at the time.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see his stats at the end of the season :)

Reaction Score
If Frey left because he couldn't get in the teaching program, then someone at the school really screwed up. We could really use Robbie Frey. Have to wonder if that would have happened if our new President was around at the time.
Could have been at least an affirmative action entry. How many football players apply?

Reaction Score

The NEAG School is one of UConn's bright stars in academia. It's not going to take a PR hit by letting in someone with poor grades. Just look at the Dean's list requirements for the NEAG School. It is almost always significantly higher than the other schools and colleges.

UConn did the right thing here. I'm not going to blame them for Frey not playing with us. Frey only has himself to blame, for not having better grades with all the resources the athletics program offers. Plus, it's not like UConn is ever at a shortage of decent running backs...

Reaction Score
Frey didn't have poor grades... there are, however applicants with a 4.0 that do not get in.

Reaction Score
Frey didn't have poor grades... there are, however applicants with a 4.0 that do not get in.

Yeah, I'm aware. I had a friend who had a 3.9 who didn't get in. But for whatever reason he didn't get in, I'm sure that it was a damned good reason. Being a football player shouldn't trump other application points, and if he failed one part of the application process - then he shouldn't get in. But I'm done speculating this. This situation is obviously over now. I just hate it when people attack the school like it was a bad thing when there may have been perfectly good reasons he didn't get in the program.

Reaction Score
Robbie Frey left for multiple reasons. He wanted to teach in PA and the course he wanted to enroll in was I year shorter in PA than Uconn, for one.

Reaction Score
I think if Robbie had stayed, he would have been a late round draft choice because of his ability on special teams. P.just didn't try hard enough to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom