Rob Ambrose..Oh, My! | The Boneyard

Rob Ambrose..Oh, My!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was listening last evening at work to Joe D. on WTIC Sportstalk & overheard this comment: "Congratulations to former UConn offensive coordinator Rob Ambrose, whose Towson team won the CAA championship & was rewarded with a first round bye in the NCAA FCS playoffs!"
(He went to his "dream job")

Reaction Score
Before UConn, his passing attack led 1AA, after UConn he has another dynamic offense.

Maybe the problem was, I dunno, EDSALL!

Reaction Score
Before UConn, his passing attack led 1AA, after UConn he has another dynamic offense.

Towson was the CAA doormat when he took over as well.

Reaction Score

3 months ago, I would not have agreed at all with this statement.

But after seeing what Edsall did with Danny O'Brien, I at least think it's a fair criticism. O'Brien torched the Miami defense on Labor Day. What happened after that, who knows....

Reaction Score
What happened after that (just a guess) is that downfield passes that could potentially be picked off were replaced with safe, inside handoffs.

Reaction Score
3 months ago, I would not have agreed at all with this statement.

But after seeing what Edsall did with Danny O'Brien, I at least think it's a fair criticism. O'Brien torched the Miami defense on Labor Day. What happened after that, who knows....

He turned an extremely promising young, leader-of-the-team QB situation into a QB carousel in about 5 weeks.

Reaction Score
To add to that, Ambrose was selected as the CAA Coach of the Year! Based on this success, his stock should rise swiftly. Wouldn't that be funny if he took the MD job in 2 years?

Reaction Score
I've had more than a few player's parents tell me Ambrose was a great recruiter and they all loved him. They all also thought he'd get a much bigger job someday.
As to Palatine's point, I remember speaking to Tyler Lorenzen at a party and commenting how frustrating it must have been being handcuffed by Ambrose's play calling. He smiled slowly and said " It wasn't Ambrose"

Reaction Score
One of Rob's first comments when he was selected to coach Towson was that he wanted to make them just as good and competitive as Maryland. Wow! That didn't take long. Of course he had to work through some growing pains his first couple of seasons, and the naysayers who picked Towson to finish last in their division this year. Congratz Rob! And dittos to Rob as a recruiter. He put in the time and got some good talent for UConn. So good he welcomed some of them back to his fold at Towson.

Reaction Score
Kinnard is second in receptions and Sheppard is third. They both went home to play and are doing well. Happy for each.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe just put him on the list. Turning Towson into the CAA champion is enough to get someone on my short list.

Reaction Score
Maybe just put him on the list. Turning Towson into the CAA champion is enough to get someone on my short list.

Is being the worst DC in the ACC enough to make the list?

Reaction Score
Wow. surprised to learn about Ambrose's success. It certainly sheds light on what the issue at UConn must have been.

Reaction Score
What happened after that (just a guess) is that downfield passes that could potentially be picked off were replaced with safe, inside handoffs.

Randy couldn't recruit, develop or incorporate into the offense, any semblance of a passing game. UConn would have done better with the offense drawing up plays in the dirt (more imagination). Randy Edsall should be barred from having anything to do with the offense at Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom