Roadies (Showtime) | The Boneyard

Roadies (Showtime)

Reaction Score
Was in a bit of a "showhole" so I thought I would check it out. Tough to get through the first couple of episodes, but it grows on you. If you are a music junkie some pretty cool stuff here. Clearly they are angling for a longer series given how slow the story moves, but lots of cameos from big name stars really lend authenticity to it.

Reaction Score
Was going to start a thread on this myself. Love this show. Not too deep, but some serious themes, but the pacing, casting, and atmosphere is really sweet. Musical interludes are outstanding. One of those shows where the overall impression is greater than the sum of its parts.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I enjoy it. But I like Camerons Crowes style in pretty much everything. You could tell in 5 minutes without knowing that it is a Cameraon Crowe project.
Authenticity is actually lacking in the day to day work and whats it like, but Im ok with that.

Reaction Score
I liked this a lot, but I'm a huge music fan (and in that genre). Some GREAT cameos every episode. The finale had some great guest performers on it... Eddie Vedder, Gary Clarke, Jr, Jackson Browne, to name a few. Worth the binge watch IMO.

Reaction Score
I enjoy it. But I like Camerons Crowes style in pretty much everything. You could tell in 5 minutes without knowing that it is a Cameraon Crowe project.
Authenticity is actually lacking in the day to day work and whats it like, but Im ok with that.
I kinda figured, but having no contact with that world whatsoever, I'm not worried about the authenticity. I imagine just about anyone would say that about whatever profession they are in, if it were portrayed on TV or in a movie. I know working in nuclear, that anything that even remotely touches commercial nuclear power involving TV or movies is an absolute epic joke.

August_West

Reaction Score
I kinda figured, but having no contact with that world whatsoever, I'm not worried about the authenticity. I imagine just about anyone would say that about whatever profession they are in, if it were portrayed on TV or in a movie. I know working in nuclear, that anything that even remotely touches commercial nuclear power involving TV or movies is an absolute epic joke.

Yeah it's kinda not the point anyway. The show works.

Reaction Score
This show is so sweet it makes my teeth cringe sometimes but I keep watching. Good writing will do that for you.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Isn't that the truth.

August_West

Reaction Score
There are some shows that get it right these days.
Because I work in tech I can say:
Silicon Valley is pretty spot on in the Startup/VC world.
Mr. Robot is absolutely spot on in the details of hacking. (The rest of the show is kinda crazy, but they get the Tech details right)

Roadies is a good show, I dont hold the lack of "roadie" realism against them because it would be watching them move gear for a couple hours and then 20 hours of nothing.

Reaction Score
There are some shows that get it right these days.
Because I work in tech I can say:
Silicon Valley is pretty spot on in the Startup/VC world.
Mr. Robot is absolutely spot on in the details of hacking. (The rest of the show is kinda crazy, but they get the Tech details right)

Roadies is a good show, I dont hold the lack of "roadie" realism against them because it would be watching them move gear for a couple hours and then 20 hours of nothing.
You know, as much as I like this show, the one weird thing is that Bill is supposed to be Chris' best friend. Yet I never get any sense of that whatsoever. Granted, they present it pretty clearly that they were both a mess in the past, and it's certainly true that people that were close when they were partly entwined with various mind altering substances can grow apart when that variable is removed, but it just seems odd from a story standpoint.

Reaction Score
anything that even remotely touches commercial nuclear power involving TV or movies is an absolute epic joke.
Isn't that the truth.

Yeah. I wonder if there is any subject that is more thoroughly and painfully botched than that. And so few people really know what is involved in running a plant compared to the idiocy they present on TV.

Reaction Score
still on fence....finished season. Sappy as hell and at times forced, but find myself falling for the characters. anyone know if renewed? or one shot deal?

Reaction Score
no renewal....announced yesterday. One and done.

Reaction Score
Damn. I'm sure it cost a lot of money / took a lot of favors to get it done. Probably more headache than it was worth to Showtime.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Way late to the party, finally got to stream it over the last week or so. Loved it. Really enjoyed all the performances. The interplay between Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino was great. Ron White was totally over the top and totally hilarious. I don't think I'd seen Keisha Castle-Hughes since Whale Rider, she's all grown up now. Some of the actors/actresses I wasn't familiar w/ before but thought they did well. All the musical guests/cameos were fun. All that would've been enough, but what really made it work for me is Imogen Poots. I adore her. I've seen her in a handful of movies, I'd watch her in almost anything.

Bummer it was cancelled. I knew before I watched it that it was considered a flop, but I don't understand why. Not enough dragons/zombies/vampires/gangsters/meth dealers/murders etc. apparently to grab a big audience for a premium cable series. I laughed frequently while watching it and it had a number of very poignant moments. While different in tone, like "Almost Famous" it was a huge love letter to the music industry from Crowe.

August_West

Reaction Score
Way late to the party, finally got to stream it over the last week or so. Loved it. Really enjoyed all the performances. The interplay between Luke Wilson and Carla Gugino was great. Ron White was totally over the top and totally hilarious. I don't think I'd seen Keisha Castle-Hughes since Whale Rider, she's all grown up now. Some of the actors/actresses I wasn't familiar w/ before but thought they did well. All the musical guests/cameos were fun. All that would've been enough, but what really made it work for me is Imogen Poots. I adore her. I've seen her in a handful of movies, I'd watch her in almost anything.

Bummer it was cancelled. I knew before I watched it that it was considered a flop, but I don't understand why. Not enough dragons/zombies/vampires/gangsters/meth dealers/murders etc. apparently to grab a big audience for a premium cable series. I laughed frequently while watching it and it had a number of very poignant moments. While different in tone, like "Almost Famous" it was a huge love letter to the music industry from Crowe.

I felt the same . Great post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom