Road Issues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Road Issues

Reaction Score
I'd be curious to know what percentage of Akok's fouls this year are offense fouls on picks. I'd bet its close to 25%. He hardly ever fouls on the defensive end. Our defense is leaps and bounds (pun) better when he is in there as a shot blocking threat.

IMO the reason why he has to sit with two fouls isn't him. It's because of the guards. Can't predict when they'll take off too fast and cause him to foul

Reaction Score
So the other 98% of coaches who sit players with 2 fouls are wrong too?
Maybe if the refs did not suck and stopped calling cheap fouls then I might agree with you.

Yes, they’re wrong.

Someday college basketball will catch up to the professional sports world and college coaches will base their in-game decisions on what the metrics say will produce the best results. It’s 2020, not 1920.

Reaction Score
I really wish Diarra hadn't had his health issues. He was the one guy we had who had the right mindset. Physical and tough. I honestly hope Sid playing more against USF was a sign. He needs to play with more consistent effort, but he's not soft. He doesn't shy away from contact at all.

The team needs to 'see' Sid more on the floor. There were a couple of times last game where the action was on one side of the floor, and Sid was all alone on the other waving his hands so hard that I thought he might elevate like a helicoptor, or be seen by the space station. No one saw him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We now have the talent. Hurley needs to reevaluate his lineups, subs and subbing strategy, using timeouts, and sets. We do not have a player who can go get you a bucket when needed or is unquestionably the lead dog. I believe Bouknight and Akok can be both.

Our freshman and incoming freshman are big, athletic, and talented. Our starting lineup going forward should be

Gilbert Gaffney Bouknight Akok, Whaley.
I can see putting Bouk at the two as he can also handle the ball and have vital at the three. We need to ball handlers on the court at all times.

And until our defense steps up, Akok cannot come off the court unless he’s exhausted
Or Gilbert Gaffney Bouknight Akok Josh or Gilbert CV Bouknight Akok and Josh or Gaffney CV Polley Akok Whaley yada yada yada

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There has been a ton of research into it and yes, they're wrong
But one guy was right one night in April 2004 and that’s all that matters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom