Road bicycling | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Road bicycling

Reaction Score
Just scored this 2010 Giant Defy 3 road bike for free! I’m still banging around on my Trek 3700 (did 100 miles a few years ago on the mountain bike) and ‘86 Diamond BMX. New to road biking, welcome anyones feedback.

Attachments

• 58E32E7F-2AE5-4E25-B50C-10B1A96B934C.jpeg
    58E32E7F-2AE5-4E25-B50C-10B1A96B934C.jpeg
    576.6 KB · Views: 201
Reaction Score
Weather was so amazing today (70 and sunny near Lowell MA) had to get out for 20 miles on my 2012 Cannondale Synapse 105. 3rd day in a row riding outdoors in November in shorts, love it. Even a route PR today, just under 18 mph. Then went for a ride on my 2014 BMW F800GT. Two bike day, perfect pre-game activities, then a perfect game.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
What sucks about bicycling in this day and age is every driver is on their phone, you totally see that when you're on a bike, and Teslas and electric/hybrid cars. You hardly hear them behind you on a nicely paved road. That's why I bought a $200 helmet and would never ride with earphones/earbuds....

Reaction Score
What sucks about bicycling in this day and age is every driver is on their phone, you totally see that when you're on a bike, and Teslas and electric/hybrid cars. You hardly hear them behind you on a nicely paved road. That's why I bought a $200 helmet and would never ride with earphones/earbuds....

You say "sucks" - I say leaning on the horn from two feet away is one of the highlights of my day.

Reaction Score
I found a guy who will come to your house to tune-up your bike starting at $75. I had him do our off-road bikes for the family and had him look at my 30 year old Giant Allegre road bike. I started shopping for a new gravel bike but he said the Giant is in pretty good shape. He just tuned it up, put on a new rear wheel with a larger 28 tooth lowest gear rather than the 23 I had, new chain, fixed the seat, adjusted cables. Looking forward to riding it tonight rather than running. Should last a while but I may still shop for a new bike.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I retired my old Cannondales. No more road biking for me. A major fall due to a combination of bad roads and avoiding a dog on an extendo leash left me with a concussion. Two years later I am still dealing with intermittent postural vertigo. I live partime in Florida and part time in Mass. In both places, crappy narrow roads, old drivers, distracted drivers, blind turns and my age left me increasingly nervous. I now use my Peloton daily

Reaction Score
I retired my old Cannondales. No more road biking for me. A major fall due to a combination of bad roads and avoiding a dog on an extendo leash left me with a concussion. Two years later I am still dealing with intermittent postural vertigo. I live partime in Florida and part time in Mass. In both places, crappy narrow roads, old drivers, distracted drivers, blind turns and my age left me increasingly nervous. I now use my Peloton daily
We are lucky to have the rails to trails nearby although I still tend to ride on the roads. The trails are narrow and can get tricky when busy. I've never been on a Peloton but I am sure it is much safer!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
We are lucky to have the rails to trails nearby although I still tend to ride on the roads. The trails are narrow and can get tricky when busy. I've never been on a Peloton but I am sure it is much safer!
Funny I got my Pelo around the time Mr Big had a heart attack and died while on a Peloton in the last Sex and the City movie. The instructor in the scene was Jess King who is an actual instructor who immediately started getting hate mail for killing Mr Big!! She is my favorite and I joke with my family who bought me the Pelo that I am headed in for a Mr Big One!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom