RJ Cole not returning | Page 4 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole not returning

Reaction Score
I can’t believe people here are even entertaining the thought of Curbelo…. He makes AJ look like Ray Allen. Imagine a starting lineup of Curbelo and Jackson? Opposing teams could triple Sanogo all game without a worry in the world.

Reaction Score
You must’ve missed the part about hiring a shooting coach..
It’s that easy? Wonder why no one thought of getting Ben Simmons a shootout coach?!

Reaction Score
Classy young man that will be successful in life. Was our glue guy this year. Spoke with his actions-Not his words.

Wish him well in his future endeavors.

Reaction Score
Thank you RJ for your leadership, toughness, scoring, distributing, and amazing ability to draw charges. I hope your NBA dream comes true, or at a minimum you play somewhere enjoyable that also pays well.

Reaction Score
I doubt Diggins is going to be in the rotation. He couldn't even beat out Gaffney in practice.

The starting five will likely be
Sanogo
Karaban
Jackson
Hawkins
Transfer PG

The bench
Clingan
Floyd Jr.
Transfer F
Johnson

Akok
Gaffney
Diggins
Springs
Diggins will play significant minutes he won't be that far down on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Thank you RJ for everything you gave in living your dream as a UConn MBB player. You'll be missed and I wish you amazing success in your next career steps.

As an aside, in true BY fashion, a thread that should be chock-full of well-wishes and good thoughts/memories for an absolutely great kid is polluted by all the usual suspects worrywarting, chicken-little-ing, somehow thinking Hurley and Co. need instructions on hitting the transfer portal, and just generally being pessimistic blowhards.

Reaction Score
This is interesting

Cole schedule for 3v3 Tournament and where to watch
Friday, April 1
12pm ET vs American / C-USA (ESPNU)
1:40pm ET vs Ivy / Patriot (ESPNU)
3:05pm ET vs America East / MAAC (Twitter (@3X3UHoops))

Saturday, April 2
6:50am ET vs American / C-USA (Twitter (@3X3UHoops))
7:50am ET vs Ivy / Patriot (Twitter (@3X3UHoops))
9:30am ET vs America East / MAAC (Twitter (@3X3UHoops))

Sunday, April 3
Schedule for elimination round will depend on Friday/Saturday win/loss record

Semi's and Championship Starting at 1:30ET on ESPN 2

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
RJ Cole was the best player on the team the last two years. He played his heart out every game. Thanks, RJ. Living in the Chicago area I've seen 20+ Andre Curbelo games. He is a guy that makes some unbelievable plays, especially passing. He also turns the ball over a lot and can't shoot. He had some injury issues this year and it seemed like he regressed. His minutes were down and Underwood benched him for most of the Houston game. When he went to the bench in the Houston game every Illini fan knew it was his last game the team. His line vs Houston was 10 mins, 0-4, 0-2 3pts., 1 asst., 2 TOs. Hard pass for UConn.

Reaction Score
I'd be fine with Curbelo as a reserve, but not running the show. Ideally Gaffney can portal out and we can add 2 new guards. Diggins deserves a shot, but no way we can go into next year with what we have now.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Good luck RJ! Thank you for two great years!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom