RJ Cole 2143 Points | The Boneyard

RJ Cole 2143 Points

Reaction Score
RJ has scored a combined 2143 points combined at Howard and UConn. Chris Smith is UConn's all time leader with 2145.

While realizing that about 1500 of those points came at Howard, it's still a lofty total...and he still has the rest of this season and possibly next season to add to it.

Reaction Score
RJ has scored a combined 2143 points combined at Howard and UConn. Chris Smith is UConn's all time leader with 2145.

While realizing that about 1500 of those points came at Howard, it's still a lofty total...and he still has the rest of this season and possibly next season to add to it.

With these Covid rules and the potential for guys playing a 6th year, I would imagine we will see a TON of records being broken next year.

Reaction Score
Pretty impressive that he has continued to play at a high level with a big step up in competition in the Big East. Solid scorer, his defense is often underrated. Guy must have taken 10-15 charges this year already.

Reaction Score
Pretty impressive that he has continued to play at a high level with a big step up in competition in the Big East. Solid scorer, his defense is often underrated. Guy must have taken 10-15 charges this year already.
He had 14 for the season as of about a month ago!

Reaction Score

There were a lot of guys on here (including me) showing how MEAC transfers--even if they're really, really good--tend to be busts when moving up to high major.

HUGE get by our staff to recognize his talent. And even better on him for improving as a player. We would be nowhere without him leading the team this year.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score

Cole is the best ever at UConn at taking charges, (or at least that I can remember)

Reaction Score
There were a lot of guys on here (including me) showing how MEAC transfers--even if they're really, really good--tend to be busts when moving up to high major.

HUGE get by our staff to recognize his talent. And even better on him for improving as a player. We would be nowhere without him leading the team this year.

And some of us told you to assume that what is true for MEAC players generally might not be true for people who were MEAC players of the year as a sophomore.

OMG -- did I just go full Waylon?

Reaction Score
If Cole transferred back to a school like Howard for next season he would easily end up with 3,000 career points.

He'd need something like 20ppg next season to get close to 3000 here next year. A little less with a deep tourney run in conference and NCAAs both years.

Definitely unlikely... but not impossible

Reaction Score
Phillip Nolan would like to submit his application for this title :)
Nolan weirdly drew charge calls all the time even though he was almost never in position and shouldn't have gotten the calls. On the other end he was called for fouls for breathing on players.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He'd need something like 20ppg next season to get close to 3000 here next year. A little less with a deep tourney run in conference and NCAAs both years.

Definitely unlikely... but not impossible
Didn’t he average almost 25 has a freshman and sophomore?

Reaction Score
We need to pray Cole comes back, and we get another high level impact guard to commit if we wanna compete next season.

Reaction Score
We need to pray Cole comes back, and we get another high level impact guard to commit if we wanna compete next season.
Interesting take, especially if Martin returns. We would have a crowded backcourt if Cole returns as CF Jr. and Diggins will be looking for minutes along with Hawkins. If you consider AJ a guard that would put us at 6 guards before even mentioning Gaffney.

A lot depends on whether Cole and/or Martin return.

Reaction Score
I’d love another high impact guard but a decent Diggins in the backcourt with Cole would be fine. I’m also not going to assume that AJ can’t make yet another giant leap next year. He has come a long way. If he can improve his jumper further and learn how to make a contested layup, he’ll be an elite player.

Reaction Score
Interesting take, especially if Martin returns. We would have a crowded backcourt if Cole returns as CF Jr. and Diggins will be looking for minutes along with Hawkins. If you consider AJ a guard that would put us at 6 guards before even mentioning Gaffney.

One, please don’t mention Gaffney, what I think he should do we can’t talk about up here. Corey Floyd doesn’t strike me as a ball handler, Diggins who knows, and Martin isn’t a ball handler either. We need an impact guard imo. That can at least attack the basket and break a press. We can’t go into next year with Cole and a bunch of guards who’ve never played D1 basketball. If we bring in a guard and Diggins outplays him so be it. But I’m not banking on a guy who can’t beat out Gaffney for minutes. Our goal next year should be to compete for a Elite 8/Final 4 run. Enough of the mediocrity. Get us another elite guard.

Side note: I may catch some flack for asking this, but here it is. Are we sure Brendan Adams wouldn’t have been a better option than Gaffney to back up Cole this season? I mean Gaffney has been that bad.

Reaction Score
I’d love another high impact guard but a decent Diggins in the backcourt with Cole would be fine. I’m also not going to assume that AJ can’t make yet another giant leap next year. He has come a long way. If he can improve his jumper further and learn how to make a contested layup, he’ll be an elite player.
I’m terrified about Diggins. I pray he’s good. But we honestly don’t have a clue.

Reaction Score
Corey Floyd doesn’t strike me as a ball handler
Why do you say that? You've seen him play?

Well built and physical guard. Has functional athleticism in traffic. Ideal playing off the ball as a shooter and slasher. Has a reliable shooting stroke. Can attack the basket and finish with either hand. Solid overall ball handler and passer. Rebounds his position well.

Reaction Score
I’m terrified about Diggins. I pray he’s good. But we honestly don’t have a clue.
In the small sample size that I’ve seen this year, he seemed to at least have a good handle and be able to break a press.

Reaction Score
Why do you say that? You've seen him play?

Well built and physical guard. Has functional athleticism in traffic. Ideal playing off the ball as a shooter and slasher. Has a reliable shooting stroke. Can attack the basket and finish with either hand. Solid overall ball handler and passer. Rebounds his position well.

Corey Floyd is not playing PG or even close to it.

Reaction Score

This attitude is how you end up with the backcourt we have right now. It's how we DID end up with this back court.

Cole cannot be our only proven PG. There's a very good shot Diggins never lives up to his ranking.

We desperately need a shot creating guard next season.

Reaction Score
This attitude is how you end up with the backcourt we have right now. It's how we DID end up with this back court.

Cole cannot be our only proven PG. There's a very good shot Diggins never lives up to his ranking.

We desperately need a shot creating guard next season.
My feelings exactly. Doing the same things again would be insanity

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom