Rivals: Top 6 jobs available | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rivals: Top 6 jobs available

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The louisville sits at the top because of money mostly. Same conference as Pitt. The sanctions hurt bad. So they are going to have to pony up. The good news is that they have it. I'll be surprised if they aren't north of $4m/6yrs guaranteed.

The one exception would be if for some reason they couldn't get who they wanted, and hired Padgett on a cut rate deal for a few years to ride out the sanctions. If he performs, lock him up.

All JMO of course.

Reaction Score
Louisville is also a pretty good place to live. There are not many top $ coaching jobs in good size cities with anything going on. It helps.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agreed. Although we'd probably lose our main ball handler in Cobb ;)
For that alone I'd hire him.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The louisville sits at the top because of money mostly. Same conference as Pitt. The sanctions hurt bad. So they are going to have to pony up. The good news is that they have it. I'll be surprised if they aren't north of $4m/6yrs guaranteed.

The one exception would be if for some reason they couldn't get who they wanted, and hired Padgett on a cut rate deal for a few years to ride out the sanctions. If he performs, lock him up.

All JMO of course.
Don't things depend on what happens to the Yum Center?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't things depend on what happens to the Yum Center?

I thought Louisville dumped all the costs onto the taxpayers and soaks up most of the revenues. I haven't checked in a while on the status of that arrangement though. Is there an update?

They do have nice P5 football money though.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I thought Louisville dumped all the costs onto the taxpayers and soaks up most of the revenues. I haven't checked in a while on the status of that arrangement though. Is there an update?

They do have nice P5 football money though.
The city of Louisville is on the hook. Question is if the city can renegotiate the contract which is heavily slanted in favor of the university. That could severely impact revenues for the university. One thing for sure is the state won't lift a finger to help the situation.

Reaction Score
Higher pay in a better conference with lower expectations. There are definitely serious cons but those are the pros.

Higher pay based on what? Best I can tell there's no reported figure on what Crean is going to make and Fox was making $2m/yr.

Reaction Score
Higher pay based on what? Best I can tell there's no reported figure on what Crean is going to make and Fox was making $2m/yr.

It was announced already. 3.5 or something like that.

Reaction Score
It was announced already. 3.5 or something like that.

Tried looking again, found the contract is 19.2 so comes out to 3.2/year. Will need to wait and see what UConn ends up giving Hurley or anyone else.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No idea as to why Georgia would be considered a better job than us. Zero
basketball history in a completely football
driven environment.

Probably only because of the mad money the SEC has, essentially putting money over everything else

And if he's so worried about our pending investigations, which I think will be nothing of consequence, why no concern of Louisville? Maybe he should have called GA the best opening in the country

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom