Rivals: Top 6 jobs available | The Boneyard

Rivals: Top 6 jobs available

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Bossi's Best: Top six coaching jobs that became available for 2018

1. Louisville
2. Georgia
3. UConn
4. Memphis
5. Pitt
6. Ole Miss

What he says about UConn:

Out: Kevin Ollie.

Under consideration: All in on Dan Hurley right now.

The skinny: Considering that Ollie and Jim Calhoun both won national championships at Connecticut and that they have a pretty rabid fanbase, an easy argument can be made that this job is the second best of the current cycle. I had it at No. 2 when I first made my list, but I slid it down just a little bit because economics could be an issue and there is potential NCAA trouble looming.

As it stands, the Huskies look to be all in on Hurley, and they are currently in a tug-of-war for his services with Pittsburgh and his current employer Rhode Island. If he says no, then the Huskies will be back at the starting line. While four-star point guard James Akinjo asked for a release, Rivals150 wing Emmitt Matthews remains committed for now, and the right coach should be able to recruit pretty easily to Storrs.

Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Bossi's Best: Top six coaching jobs that became available for 2018

1. Louisville
2. Georgia
3. UConn
4. Memphis
5. Pitt
6. Ole Miss

The skinny: Considering that Ollie and Jim Calhoun both won national championships at Connecticut and that they have a pretty rabid fanbase, an easy argument can be made that this job is the second best of the current cycle. I had it at No. 2 when I first made my list, but I slid it down just a little bit because economics could be an issue and there is potential NCAA trouble looming.

As it stands, the Huskies look to be all in on Hurley, and they are currently in a tug-of-war for his services with Pittsburgh and his current employer Rhode Island. If he says no, then the Huskies will be back at the starting line. While four-star point guard James Akinjo asked for a release, Rivals150 wing Emmitt Matthews remains committed for now, and the right coach should be able to recruit pretty easily to Storrs.
No idea as to why Georgia would be considered a better job than us. Zero
basketball history in a completely football
driven environment.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

1. Louisville
2. Georgia
3. UConn
4. Memphis
5. Pitt
6. Ole Miss

so the coaches that are being talked about are Dan Hurley, Mussleman, the UMBC coach, Willard, Mack, and Miller... Memphis is out bc they just signed their coach. IF for some dumb reason Hurley doesn't come here, who is realistic. People are saying Mack is going to Louisville

Reaction Score
so the coaches that are being talked about are Dan Hurley, Mussleman, the UMBC coach, Willard, Mack, and Miller... Memphis is out bc they just signed their coach. IF for some dumb reason Hurley doesn't come here, who is realistic. People are saying Mack is going to Louisville
I'm pretty sure Frank Martin is our plan B

Reaction Score
why? I would put him at the bottom. Nothing stands out about him. It would be average
I don't know. I don't love him either. A D1 coach was on campus last week and I heard it was him

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
To be fair to Frank Martin if he can get a recruiter on staff I think he will do better here than at USCe

Chill with frank Martin is at least interesting enough and discussion-worthy

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Agreed. Although we'd probably lose our main ball handler in Cobb ;)

LOL.

I can live with that.

Reaction Score
Georgia above is insulting and frankly a reality check.

Looks like they are paying almost a million more than our "top offer" to Hurley according to Blaud.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Frank Martin is our plan B
It should be Nate Oats by a mile, especially if the reason we miss out on Hurley is that we can’t get up to $3M AAV.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom