RIP Stuart Scott | The Boneyard

RIP Stuart Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
He was ALWAYS as cool as the other side of the pillow on SportsCenter. Usually, he knew he was butter on air because he was habitually on a roll. Sadly, he ultimately succumbed to cancer at age 49.

For the many youngsters who aspire to sportscasting, they will have to call Stuart Scott the busdriver...because he routinely took those kids to school.

Rest in Peace, Stuart Scott.

Reaction Score
He was ALWAYS as cool as the other side of the pillow on SportsCenter. Usually, he knew he was butter on air because he was habitually on a roll. Sadly, he ultimately succumbed to cancer at age 49.

For the many youngsters who aspire to sportscasting, they will have to call Stuart Scott the busdriver...because he routinely took those kids to school.

He will be missed. Thanks for the post.

Reaction Score
I can fondly remember many a night at UConn gathering around a TV to watch Stuart Scott on SportsCenter. I can remember hearing his calls of "Boo Yah" and "As cool as the other side of the pillow" as if it was yesterday.

Reaction Score
upload_2015-1-4_8-42-49.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
OMG, I didn't know he had cancer. That's way, way too young.

Reaction Score
ESPN has a wonderful tribute on their home page. God bless you Stuart Scott.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew he had been ill but had no idea that the cancer was winning the battle. I thought he was making inroads and making progress with his treatments.

Stuart was a great broadcaster - I'll definitely miss his passion.

RIP Stuart

Reaction Score

Very well said. Stu will be missed. I just remember his level of coolness and professionalism. I mean I remember him doing some of the X games back in the day and he was talking to the participates like they were old friends. He made everyone at ease. He just brought the cool factor to TV. Man, sad day. RIP, brother Stuart. You had more flavor than Kool-Aid and Cocoa.

You will me missed, Stuart.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
They showed Stuart's speech online from the ESPY's when he won the Courage award, which I admit left me a bit "dusty-eyed." Morgan Tuck appeared in a few of the shots of the audience. The team was there as a nominee for team of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom