Rip still got the game! | The Boneyard

Rip still got the game!

Reaction Score
As UConn fans we have been blessed to have some great players wear the UConn Jersey.
Rip is one of the greatest in that pantheon of greats .
No one ever worked harder to get a shot .
He still looks like he Is in game condition
It difficult to believe it’s 25 years since 1999 and 77-74.
If you told me as a fan at age 11,21,31,41,or maybe even 51 the success we would have I would have never believed it. Our dream was to see a final four , one that seemed doomed to failure .
Rip , Khalid , Ricky , Kevin , Jake , AM , Edmund , Rash , not only made that dream a reality but forever raised the expectations of what could be achieved for every UConn fan . Redemption for the heartbreak of 1990 was the icing on the cake.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As unbelievable as it may sound, Rip may have been the one guy who took his conditioning more seriously than Ray did.

Both were obsessed to the point of borderline insanity with that.
Rip was crazy fit as a college player. That's what allowed him to run guys off screens all game long.

Reaction Score
If you told me that one of them would be under a coach named Hurley, I definitely wouldn't have believed it.
The Newbies on the board failed to grasp what a tough pill to swallow the Hurley name was for us that survived 1990.
Even though I knew he was the best available coach out there and the Hurley name would pay dividends in recruiting the fertile Northeast . Plus he had a record of rebuilding programs and his staff was impressive.
I‘ve Posted it before be I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat yelling
“Tate we don’t need a steal just knock the ball into the backcourt and let the clock run out” He never listens.

Reaction Score
Jay Williams was a top 5 recruit. If he wanted to go to UConn he would have been at UConn. I have no idea why he keeps saying that.
Buyers Remorse?

Reaction Score
The Newbies on the board failed to grasp what a tough pill to swallow the Hurley name was for us that survived 1990.
Even though I knew he was the best available coach out there and the Hurley name would pay dividends in recruiting the fertile Northeast . Plus he had a record of rebuilding programs and his staff was impressive.
I‘ve Posted it before be I still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat yelling
“Tate we don’t need a steal just knock the ball into the backcourt and let the clock run out” He never listens.
It would have been much harder to accept and support at the start if it was Bobby who they were looking at as well. Thank goodness they made the right choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom