RIP Roger Bannister | The Boneyard

RIP Roger Bannister

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'll never forget watching this video as a kid (I can't watch the video here), and remembering Bannister collapsing at the end. He had expended himself to the absolute maximum to pass through this threshold. Today you have some marathoners coming close to 4 min miles for consecutive miles. Amazing.

Reaction Score
And once Bannister broke 4 minutes, it was done frequently and relatively easily, proving beyond doubt that there exist psychological barriers to physical performance.

I once ran around that Oxford track where Bannister broke 4 minutes. I think I did the quarter mile in around 2 minutes, but I'm certain I could have run three additional laps in under 40 seconds each. :)

Reaction Score
And once Bannister broke 4 minutes, it was done frequently and relatively easily, proving beyond doubt that there exist psychological barriers to physical performance.

I once ran around that Oxford track where Bannister broke 4 minutes. I think I did the quarter mile in around 2 minutes, but I'm certain I could have run three additional laps in under 40 seconds each. :)
Always save the best for last.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom